Nice 5 hour hunt with some keepers and a nice pile of clad

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get out to a local park that has been pounded to death, but still keeps giving up some keepers. We had a little rain the other day which made it a little easier to dig and the signals sounded much better. I did find a nice pile of clad and a ring that almost was a heart stopper, but turned out to be more bling than anything else. I also recovered a nice 1935 wheat, 1954d silver Rosie, A service award pin for Gap Inc., and a really toasted round object that I thought may be an odd ball coin, but shown next to the Rosie, can you see a resemblance? I cleaned it to make sure it wasn't a silver Rosie that was flattened. Maybe a railroad flattened dime as there is a light rail track close by. Last I dug a cartridge that I wasn't sure about until it was cleaned. It was marked REM UMC 5-in-1 on the bottom. After some research it turns out to be a blank that was used in the movie industry, mostly westerns. The five in one referred to the fact that it could be used in five different guns, 38-40, 44-40 rifles, and 38-40,44-40, and 45 Colt revolvers. My wife said maybe John Wayne shot it one of his movies. Slim to none chance of that. Still a nice piece of Arizona history as many old Westerns were shot here. It did clean up nice. Thanks for looking and happy hunting. IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002 (1).JPG IMG_0004 (1).JPG IMG_0001 (1).JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0011.JPG

Upvote 16

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds there. That movie set cartridge blank is kind of an interesting find.
Thank for sharing!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stage blank bullet thingy. I'd stick with your wife's story. Has to belong to the Duke. silver Rosie, bling, and a nice Gap medal is A-ok. You didn't get frost bitten either. Have you ever attempted to chase after some gold nuggets while out there? I'd certainly be tempted to do so.:hello:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You had a good day. Looks like you aerated the grass pretty good. You need to go back there. There hasn't been a detectorist go over that park for awhile. Something good awaits!

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Silver and almost gold,, lol
Nice hunt,,

For the first few winters out here, I did try some prospecting but could only find some fine gold in my pans. Never found any nuggets. Any time I went out hiking I always wore a backpack with pans and classifiers and sampled many dry washes and streams. There are still some small private owned mines that give up some gold but you won't get rich. All the easy gold is long gone.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a good day. Looks like you aerated the grass pretty good. You need to go back there. There hasn't been a detectorist go over that park for awhile. Something good awaits!

That park is one of my favorites because there used to be old homes there before the park was put in. Anything good is deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread