1st time out and got lucky

DFXaholic

Mar 19, 2005
Puyallup, Wa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, 11 inch coil, 13 inch coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today was my first time out ever and I'm glad I came across a man that had told me the history of the area. He took me to a place where he thought would be a good place to find coins. We worked the area with no luck. Wishing me luck he left and a few minutes later I came across this mens ring. I'm not sure if its gold but if it was brass it would be tarnished. The ring was found just the way you see it. I've wiped it down with a rag thats it.

Attachments

• 1st ring.JPG
    1st ring.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 824
Upvote 0
C

chaazz

Great find Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Well your hooked on MD now. lol

OP
OP
DFXaholic

DFXaholic

Mar 19, 2005
Puyallup, Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped off at a jewelry store and asked if they could look at the ring. They tested it and said that it is around 18ct. and weight of .8oz. and worth about $40.00. What do think, should I get some other kind of quote? First time at this not sure.
SLAPPAV

R

rvbvetter

???? Was it a jewelry store or pawn shop? I would try again at a reputable jewelry store, like crescent jewelers or along those lines. $40.00 doesn't sound right. My opinion HH

OP
OP
DFXaholic

DFXaholic

Mar 19, 2005
Puyallup, Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads up. I'm heading to Arizona today to visit family and when I get back next week I'll take to a few other jewelry stores.
SLAPPAV

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a Masonic ring with the letter G which is their main symbol. Drop by your local lodge and talk to anyone there and they might offer you much more than forty dollars for it.

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great ! I have M.D. over 10 years now ...8 rings all silver, or brass...No Gold 4 me yet,but I'll keep lookin.....That's Great ...Just Great,,,,,,,I am Happy 4 U ......**&*(*#@^$ LOL

krimic

Mar 28, 2005
Metro East, Illinois
:o Very Nice, Still looking for my first gold ring, Maybe I'd find it if it would ever stop raining here. Raining for the last 3 days and the worst part is I'm on vacation from work right now.. O.k. sorry I got it out of my system now... Nice find and HH...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread