Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys and gals,

Not sure what era, or actually anthing about this, but it did give me that feeling that its the right spot to hit with my new metal detector when I finally get it!

I found this shard of pottery on some mud flats, also some great old bottles, but they were all broken so I didn't bother taking them.

If anyone knows anything about identifying pottery then it would be great to know what I'm looking at (and my wife thinks its 1800's and I think its 1900's)

Take care

Attachments

• 1s.jpg
    1s.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 570
  • 2s.jpg
    2s.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 571
  • 3s.jpg
    3s.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 556
Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mid 1800's from a very rough guess -- there are several sites on iding pottery shards there id on at the florida measum of naturail history --that has "photos" which could help maybe -- Ivan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tommi Good to see your getting out.The pottery and broken bottles could be the scattering of a DUMP. ;D ;D ;D.I go back after some rain and have another look.

tinpan

OP
OP
Tommi

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm well we had some wild weather here over the past week, with cyclonic winds, massive rain yesterday it broke and it was perfect day, so my wife and I headed to the ocean, and I decided to see what I could find the mud flats.

heaps of little rock pools, a whole of heap of stuff washed ashore, and that little bit of pottery was the nicest... I also found a ballast stone and some other bits of junk. can't wait to hit the place with the detector.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o Nice looking stuff you eye balled there tommi, if I were you, I'd be biting my nails to their quicks waiting for that detector to get there. Love to see what you find in that spot ???.
Happy Hunting to you and congrats on yourr new detector!

Desertfox

OP
OP
Tommi

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks desertfox

slight problem, I just received an email from well known, highly recommended famous metal detecting shop in the USA that has advised me that I can't have my metal detector because Minelab have some thing going where they don't let the shops export their detectors overseas. :'(

I don't want to buy the detector here in Australia because in all honesty I don't want to be charged $300 to $500 more for the same detector and pay for the 'bonus' items which come with the boxed detector.

So if anyone can help me out with the weight and size of the box of a explorer se - It would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to organise for a friend to buy it on my behalf and then work out the cost to post it from the states to me in Australia.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread