Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a weekend - I was able to spend a few hours out and about and ended up having a great weekend.

Hunt 1 - I dropped the wife off at work on Saturday morning and headed to a spot I've had my eye on. I was only able to stay for an hour as I had my car booked in for a wheel alignment. I was pretty happy as I found about $10 in coin and a nice silver ring with hearts.

Hunt 2 - after the wheel alignment I had a few hours before I picked the wife so I thought I'd head to a suburb over the hill to see if there were any huntable parks. Found a couple and decided on a quiet one not over-run with Saturday morning sport. Spent two hours there and found about $11 and two chinese token coins. A bit of a surprise.

Hunt 3 - this one had it all. I got up early on Sunday morning and headed back to the site of Hunt 1. I can tell you this was the most surreal hunt I've done. Not long after getting there the bell tower (carillion) started up. The carillionist being Sunday was playing some hymns (abide with me, bringing in the sheep etc) and me being right under it could hardly hear myself think. Then the hot air balloons drifted over. All up there were 5 balloons out all hitting their gas burners pretty regularly. What will the bells and balloons it sounded like I was detecting inside a grandfathers clock which had a bad case of wind. The carillionist must have got a bit bored with the hymns as all of a sudden he/she starts up playing 'I'm a little teapot'. That one made me pause to think - ;D

Anyway getting back to the detecting I was there for three hours and the coins were coming thick and fast. A nice bonus was a silver ring which had two sapphires in it. A US Quarter from '67 popped out as well as other bits and pieces. I don't count as I detect so I had no idea how much I had in my pocket but it was getting heavy. When I got home I found that I had 56 coins to a value of $53.41 (last photo) - thats almost an average of $1 for every three minutes of detecting. I wish all hunts were like that. ;D

Attachments

• hearts.JPG
    hearts.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 554
  • tokens.JPG
    tokens.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 552
  • ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 559
  • quarter.JPG
    quarter.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 556
  • Sundays Haul.JPG
    Sundays Haul.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 550
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
What a great haul, sounds like you had so much fun, congrats!
Nice ring too!! A memorable hunt, thanks for sharing!

Smiles!
BDoo

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Harry

Congrats !

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I wish we could find $1 and $2 coins like that over here. Your lucky to find a Sac (Sacagawea)dollar every now and then at the beach or park.I did find a Canadian toonie once. :) Great finds, I like the rings. Good luck to ya!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the awesome weekend, great haul! I love those $2.00 coins, they add up fast. HH, Mike

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Super haul with a few keepers in there. ;D

Sweet '67 Quarter. ;D :D It's funny cause I have to post all my Canadian coins even if they are "clad". ;D

Bob

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o That Minelab XT 70 is one heck of a coin hound! Don't think I could take the Bells though, the coins yes, bells no way. Glad you had one great weekend. HH and keep the post a coming.

Desertfox

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
The story about the bells is hilarious! I've heard the church bells too! They penetrate right through your headphones. :D

Nice hunt! Love the silver rings!

Congratulations!

Ridley

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Really nice rings, and it sounds like it was a great hunt.

OP
OP
Harry_Morant

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get bells at one location and bagpipes at another - I don't know which is worse ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread