A Joyful New Years Day....

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....was had for the pictured couple who's ring I found for them in the snow today. He presented the new ring to her for Christmas to celebrate their first year of marriage. She was taking the holiday trash out last night and the ring came off. Being nighttime, they weren't sure where it was even tho the area where she was wasn't very large. They had checked the can and bags prior to my arrival to no avail. They tore up the house searching everywhere. He went today and bought a toy type detector which only caused more frustration. When I got on site I noticed he raked and salted the area where they thought it was. The area was composed of gravel for the driveway, spruce needles, cones and the aforementioned salt, snow,ice. The scent of the spruce trees and the cones on the snow was peaceful to me, reminding me of being out in the woods hunting for relics. Firing up the MXT I gridded the area and got mixed metal signals, nothing close to where this ring material type usually shows up. There was also a car that could not be moved and a aluminum sided post for the porch overhang.
Reducing the sensitivity as much as possible to get close to the large metal objects helped but I still got an overload signal. Scanning slowly towards the post and moving around it I got a suspect +12 /+18 mixed with an overload signal right near the base of about a 5" snow pile. Probing with the garrett carrot I got that good vibration that we all know what it means. Brushing the snow around revealed this gorgeous white gold ring with diamonds! They couldn't believe that it had been in a total different area from where they thought. It made their New years day even better as they thought it could not be found.... and something wonderful to look back on as they grow older together.
Jon
RFapkWhtAu1-1-18.jpg RFapkWhtAuTop1-1-18.jpg RFapkWhtAuTop2 1-1-18.jpg RFapkWhtAuW1-1-18.jpg RFapkWhtAuHW1-1-18.jpg

Upvote 10
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DUDE! Do you have a billboard along an interstate advertising your services?!? Crazy how many folks call on you to find their rings. Don't get me wrong, it's SUPER COOL! I just have never heard of one person finding so many lost rings for folks. You have a 24 hour a day pager strapped on ya' too? Super Man to the rescue!:headbang:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ!!!

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DUDE! Do you have a billboard along an interstate advertising your services?!? Crazy how many folks call on you to find their rings. Don't get me wrong, it's SUPER COOL! I just have never heard of one person finding so many lost rings for folks. You have a 24 hour a day pager strapped on ya' too? Super Man to the rescue!:headbang:

Thank you! People place ads and people answer them!
Jon :headbang:

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all and thank you for your awesome thoughts and posts!
Jon :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread