Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree16Likes
  • 10 Post By teleprospector
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering
  • 1 Post By plymouthian12
  • 1 Post By Kurios1
  • 1 Post By against the wind
  • 1 Post By Ogre1190
  • 1 Post By teleprospector

Thread: A Joyful New Years Day....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

A Joyful New Years Day....

.....was had for the pictured couple who's ring I found for them in the snow today. He presented the new ring to her for Christmas to celebrate their first year of marriage. She was taking the holiday trash out last night and the ring came off. Being nighttime, they weren't sure where it was even tho the area where she was wasn't very large. They had checked the can and bags prior to my arrival to no avail. They tore up the house searching everywhere. He went today and bought a toy type detector which only caused more frustration. When I got on site I noticed he raked and salted the area where they thought it was. The area was composed of gravel for the driveway, spruce needles, cones and the aforementioned salt, snow,ice. The scent of the spruce trees and the cones on the snow was peaceful to me, reminding me of being out in the woods hunting for relics. Firing up the MXT I gridded the area and got mixed metal signals, nothing close to where this ring material type usually shows up. There was also a car that could not be moved and a aluminum sided post for the porch overhang.
    Reducing the sensitivity as much as possible to get close to the large metal objects helped but I still got an overload signal. Scanning slowly towards the post and moving around it I got a suspect +12 /+18 mixed with an overload signal right near the base of about a 5" snow pile. Probing with the garrett carrot I got that good vibration that we all know what it means. Brushing the snow around revealed this gorgeous white gold ring with diamonds! They couldn't believe that it had been in a total different area from where they thought. It made their New years day even better as they thought it could not be found.... and something wonderful to look back on as they grow older together.
    Jon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RFapkWhtAu1-1-18.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	628.0 KB 
ID:	1532826Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RFapkWhtAuTop1-1-18.jpg 
Size:	575.6 KB 
ID:	1532829Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RFapkWhtAuTop2 1-1-18.jpg 
Size:	722.7 KB 
ID:	1532831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RFapkWhtAuW1-1-18.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	679.8 KB 
ID:	1532832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RFapkWhtAuHW1-1-18.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	604.5 KB 
ID:	1532833
    "Let Thy Hand, Oh God, guide me through the ways Thou seest are needed for those that seek to know Thy way through any effort of mine."

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II, Quattro & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    8473 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Nice job!
    teleprospector likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
    Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
    6181 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    DUDE! Do you have a billboard along an interstate advertising your services?!? Crazy how many folks call on you to find their rings. Don't get me wrong, it's SUPER COOL! I just have never heard of one person finding so many lost rings for folks. You have a 24 hour a day pager strapped on ya' too? Super Man to the rescue!
    Isaiah 9:6-7

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    13255 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Honorable Mention
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Been there...Dug that

Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    387 times
    Metal Detecting
    🙌🙌🙌!!!
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

Quote Originally Posted by Kurios1 View Post
    DUDE! Do you have a billboard along an interstate advertising your services?!? Crazy how many folks call on you to find their rings. Don't get me wrong, it's SUPER COOL! I just have never heard of one person finding so many lost rings for folks. You have a 24 hour a day pager strapped on ya' too? Super Man to the rescue!
    Thank you! People place ads and people answer them!
    Jon
    "Let Thy Hand, Oh God, guide me through the ways Thou seest are needed for those that seek to know Thy way through any effort of mine."

Hello to all and thank you for your awesome thoughts and posts!
    Jon
    Yak1366 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links