Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Well Shang has posted his amazing finds from this trip. Just outstanding. I told him to post separately because I thought the Voltigeurs button had Banner potential on the forum:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/564606-dug-holy-grail-eagle-buttons-capped-bust.html

He must have had a danged horseshoe up his you know what. Every time I turned around he had another great find. :D I did manage to get some silver, but not in the form of coins. (got a silver Catholic medallion and another piece of a silver walking stick that I dug part of back in 2012). Here's the silver walking stick piece united with its other piece:

IMG_1228.JPG

I was really pleased with the 1860 Copper-Nickel Indian I dug. I've only dug one other CN cent down here since 2011, and that was a crusty Flying Eagle that was in the middle of a pile of Maynard Civil War bullets. So I was really happy to have a nice Indian. Diggergirl joined us for a short day and found a the base of a pocket Saint (religious icon) and a very nice brown Bennington marble. I also dug what may be another counterfeit 8 Reales (pewter, crumbly, rough shape).

I did dig a heart-attack target that for a hot second looked exactly like a belt plate:

IMG_1229.JPG

But it was Shangalang that really stole the show. He got our silver totals up high enough to tie for our record year which was 2013 (44 silvers). Many of our silvers this year were newer (13 Spanish this year, not counting a counterfeit 8 Reales--as opposed to 27 Spanish we dug in 2013!). But either way it was an outstanding year with some real banner finds dug. But more on that later as we assemble the finds photos and do the end-of-year post. Here are my and Diggergirl's finds, and the video.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/upload[/video]

IMG_5917.jpg IMG_1208VERT.jpg

IMG_1213.JPG IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG IMG_1215.JPG IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG IMG_1223.JPG IMG_1211.JPG

Happy 2018 to all of you from Buckleboy, Diggergirl, and Shangalang!

Cane Bandits.jpg

The CaneField Bandits

Last edited:
Upvote 14

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
What a year Buddy!! Look at all the phenomenal finds!!! It just keeps getting better and better!
Heres to 2018! Cheers, Shanegaloig Less Bed More Cot

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the fantastic finds! :occasion14: Good Luck in 2018! :icon_thumleft:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds,, from what you have posted this past year, you guys really had a good year.
Congratulations

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats to you and DG on finding such a nice assortment of finds. I like the clay marbles.

I hope that 2018 is another great year for all of you.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a very nice assortment of finds. I like all of them !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread