sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I decided to hit the strip between the curb and sidewalk in front of an old, abandoned house down the street for a change of scenery from my usual spots. A lot of trash as one would expect and a couple of newer dimes, but overall pretty disappointing. Then another 77, which is usually a Lincoln Memorial, occasionally a wheat, but usually crap for me. Popped a nice plug and lay it on its side. The bottom of it fell away, and a dark but fairly clean penny was stuck to the plug. Yawners until I picked it up and saw the wreath and ONE CENT. Now, bear in mind that our soil is brutal on coppers. Many wheats look horrible and won't even clean up, but this one looked hopeful. After a couple of peroxide soaks, this Indian is by far the best one condition-wise that I've ever found.

After lunch, I hit my neighbor's yard again where I found the skull ring the other day. She still seems cool with me detecting there any time. I'm sure she appreciates not being able to tell where I've been digging dozens of holes and hopefully this will lead to other permissions. Anyway, I was tickled to find the little tanker truck. It looks sorta like an International to me. One area of the yard is littered with little wads of tinfoil that give great signals, so that's been a pain in the rear, but I've found a bit of clad and a couple of wheats. I was working the area around the front porch and got a decent signal, penny or clad dime maybe, but was pleased to pull this baby out. Hard to tell, but I think it's a 1934 judging by where the back of her neck lines up with the date. It's worn slap out, about half the thickness of what it ought to be, but after nearly two years since my last silver coin, it's beautiful to me. The last I found, another Merc, was in March of '16 in the yard on the other side of my house. I do hope this is a sign that the drought is over.

IHP1.jpg IHP.jpg
truck.jpg
merc.jpg merc1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 34

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread