One Tough Weekend

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Went camping this weekend and hit the beach and area around my campsite. Man, what a tough weekend. Found lots of junk. Believe it or not, I found these scissors laying in the water off the beach. The dog stake was in my campground area.

100_3407.jpg

100_3411.jpg

100_3410.jpg

Check out this old pulltab! Man, you don't find many of these. :-\ Mmmm...Boy I am desperate with this post hugh?

100_3420.jpg

Happy Hunting all...
Baldingboy

Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Looks like you cleaned up the camp site pretty good. I can see what you mean when you say it was a hard weekend.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you did a good job cleaning up the place, bet you were the only one picking up trash, LOL! Scissors are about $3-4.00, and nice pulltab. Stingy campground!!! HH, Mike

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
borninok said:
Glenlivet, Chivas, Dewaars...you name it...if it's smooth.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But, it had better be a BIGGGGGGGGGGG bottle...and not one of these little minatures....ha/ha
---Mel

borninok

Well that shoots that idea in the foot. Hey BB want some minatures of Scotch I bought for Born?

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
hmmm....on second thought....LOL

Wait a minute...did I see a count for Tuesday? Just checking.
---Mel

borninok

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
borninok said:
Glenlivet, Chivas, Dewaars...you name it...if it's smooth.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But, it had better be a BIGGGGGGGGGGG bottle...and not one of these little minatures....ha/ha
---Mel

borninok

What Mel will see while on the Chisholm Trail

quarts_nugget_crop_350a.jpg

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Gibbsium said:
That is cool pulltab, and think about it, the scissors you found, you may have save a kid that would have picked them up and ran with them :)

piggman1 said:
Looks like you cleaned up the camp site pretty good. I can see what you mean when you say it was a hard weekend.

Bavaria Mike said:
Looks like you did a good job cleaning up the place, bet you were the only one picking up trash, LOL! Scissors are about $3-4.00, and nice pulltab. Stingy campground!!! HH, Mike

Gibbsium,
Actually, I run with scissors quite a bit. That's how I roll.

piggman,
Yeah, it sucked to be me this weekend. (Except when I wasn't detecting)

Mike,
Yeah the campground AND beach are both stingy. If I wasn't so enamered with metal detecting I would have given up trying when we are there. I just keep thinking it might re-seed itself and I will be sorry if I miss something. Last time I was there, I found a sterling ring on the beach, but not much more.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Well, at least it's Chivas...ha/ha If MasterEagle hasn't already told you the story behind my mixing scotch and coca cola...I'll save that story for the CTH....ha/ha

Question...who was the first person who invented the pull tab?
---Mel

borninok

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
borninok said:
Well, at least it's Chivas...ha/ha If MasterEagle hasn't already told you the story behind my mixing scotch and coca cola...I'll save that story for the CTH....ha/ha

Question...who was the first person who invented the pull tab?
---Mel

borninok

In 1962 Ermal Cleon Fraze (from Dayton, Ohio) invented the familiar integral rivet and pull-tab version (also known as rimple or ring pull), which had a ring attached at the rivet for pulling, and which would come off completely to be tossed aside. He received U.S. patent No. 3,349,949 for his pull-top can design in 1963 and sold his invention to Alcoa and Pittsburgh Brewing Company. It was first introduced on Iron City beer cans by the Pittsburgh Brewing Company. The first soft drinks to be sold in all-aluminium cans were R.C. Cola and Diet-Rite Cola (both made by the Royal Crown Cola company), in 1964.

Coincidentally, 3,349,949 is the precise number of these Bast*rds I have dug to date!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions