One Tough Weekend

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Went camping this weekend and hit the beach and area around my campsite. Man, what a tough weekend. Found lots of junk. Believe it or not, I found these scissors laying in the water off the beach. The dog stake was in my campground area.

100_3407.jpg

100_3411.jpg

100_3410.jpg

Check out this old pulltab! Man, you don't find many of these. :-\ Mmmm...Boy I am desperate with this post hugh?

100_3420.jpg

Happy Hunting all...
Baldingboy

Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
;D Yep, your right, sure looks like it was a hard weekend on you, finds wise anyway but camping at the beach, that's the way to do it! I think you found yourself a Pull Tab that you can put in you Relic Display Box. Everyone will be asking you " What's That?"
HH and glad you had a good time.

Desertfox

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
desertfox said:
;D Yep, your right, sure looks like it was a hard weekend on you, finds wise anyway but camping at the beach, that's the way to do it! I think you found yourself a Pull Tab that you can put in you Relic Display Box. Everyone will be asking you " What's That?"
HH and glad you had a good time.

Desertfox

I can probably put a spin on that pulltab story and sell it to Mastereagle22 for big bucks!

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Hey man. At least you are out there diggin'!!
That is the joy of the hunt.....even if the prize
is a cool old pull tab and a pair of scissors. LOL

Attachments

• 2416293597.jpg
    2416293597.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 832

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Bummer digging BB, I have never had much luck at camping sites either, except boy scout areas. Seems like camper travel light or something?? Better luck on your next outing.

Smiles!
BDoo

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
No I think I have all the pulltabs I need right now let me check, . . . . . . . . . . yep all full up on my quota for them. Now let's talk zipper pulls. ;D

R

RUDY2003

People are pretty careless with trash and lucky for us with their coin and jewelry....

HOHOHO...Keep diggin'...

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
lost at sea said:
Pretrty cool tab.

Boobydoo said:
Bummer digging BB, I have never had much luck at camping sites either, except boy scout areas. Seems like camper travel light or something?? Better luck on your next outing.

Smiles!
BDoo

tymcmurray said:
Hey man. At least you are out there diggin'!!
That is the joy of the hunt.....even if the prize
is a cool old pull tab and a pair of scissors. LOL

lost at sea,
Yeah, if you gotta find tabs...at least it's old/unique.

BDoo,
Yeah, we camp there a lot. I hate NOT to detect, but it really is lousy.

tymcmurray,
Yeah, I think being out there is lots of fun. If I find stuff everyonce in awhile, it keeps me interested enough to go.

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
mastereagle22 said:
No I think I have all the pulltabs I need right now let me check, . . . . . . . . . . yep all full up on my quota for them. Now let's talk zipper pulls. ;D

The zipper pulls are mine!

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
RUDY2003 said:
People are pretty careless with trash and lucky for us with their coin and jewelry....

HOHOHO...Keep diggin'...

Yeah, I think that a lot. When I hunt tot lots at least you feel like you are keeping some kids from maybe getting hurt.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Baldingboy,

Ok, been thinking about this for a few days now, and I think I have come up with my strategy for the CTH. I'm going to sneak in there the night before and plant some zipper pulls. So while you and Mastereagle are fighting over the zipper pulls, I'll find the gold coin. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sounds rational to me. Yep!

BTW, was Mastereagle with you when you found all of this? If so, I bet he planted that pulltab in order to throw you off the scent of the zipper pull that was 8" in front of the pull tab.....LOL
---Mel

borninok

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
borninok said:
Baldingboy,

Ok, been thinking about this for a few days now, and I think I have come up with my strategy for the CTH. I'm going to sneak in there the night before and plant some zipper pulls. So while you and Mastereagle are fighting over the zipper pulls, I'll find the gold coin. ;D ;D ;D ;D

BTW, was Mastereagle with you when you found all of this? If so, I bet he planted that pulltab in order to throw you off the scent of the zipper pull that was 8" in front of the pull tab.....LOL
---Mel

borninok

No I wasn't invited on this little hunt. I had to watch the kiddos and my 2 y/o only likes detecting for about 2 minutes and then he's off doing something else. Thought about tying him to the tree with one of those kid harness things once or twice. ;D :D :D :D BTW the idea you had, while a good one won't work. When I am at the CTH I will not be searching for any Zipper Pulls, but don't worry with the Explorer I have to go so slow swinging it, you will be able to cover the entire area twice by the time I have dug my first signal. :D :D :D

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
You found a jig!!! It's a lucky sign.... maybe you will do better on you next search and recovery.
RD

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Mirage said:
You know those scissors sell for at least two bucks. Definitely the best find. ;D

Yeah, the rivet that holds the blades together isn't tight enough to allow them to cut. I guess someone just chucked them. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have not luck at all that trip.
Thanks for the post Mirage.

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
borninok said:
Baldingboy,

---Mel

borninok
Mel,
Since Mastereagle tells me you sometimes drink scotch....I am going to hide some 20 yr old Glenlevit behind a rock for you to find. While your drinking and Mastereagle is hunting zipper pulls, I will find the goods. ;D

ME22 was not with me on this excursion. I do think, however he hides things to throw me off the zipper pulls. I wonder if he saw the one on the forum that looks like a baseball bat. I found one on a tot lot the other night that was shaped like heart. He wouldn't even look at it. He turned green with envy and told me I sucked. I wasn't even rubbing it in! ::)

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
dunn1866 said:
You found a jig!!! It's a lucky sign.... maybe you will do better on you next search and recovery.
RD

I had never thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion. You have indeed renewed my spirit. My wife will thank you for that, since she can't ever get me to go detecting. ::) ;D

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Actually I was trying to think of a way to abscond with your Heart shaped zipper pull you found but it was 11:50 at night and my brain wasn't working none to good. ;D

Hey BB I will go in half for the Scotch, that way we can keep Mel occupied. ;D ;D CR is what he likes if I remember correctly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread