First hunts reveal cold, cold and more cold targets, little sterling, wheats and more

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cold hunts to start the year, first hunt reveal 1914 & 1920 wheats, 2 marbles.
And old cross that sadly broke as I was cleaning it. A small lead ball. The second hunt yielded a lone 1943 war nickel, I left after about 30 minutes, this day the weather was in the high teens. The third hunt was today much better weather as we reached into the upper 40s, but the ground was still frozen, at least the first four inches. The targets were an old marble, the sterling horse shoe piece and the lead item that almost looks like a bullet case, but it's made of lead, any ideas?
IMG_1848.JPG
IMG_1846.JPG

Upvote 16

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The cap thing allmost looks like its off of a old pencil but i would not think they would be lead.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice horse shoe you got there!

But you know I am looking at those marbles.

I know that it cold up there, because the news said that the parents were complaining because their chillerns was cold in the schools.

Well done 8R!

OP
OP
8Reales

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cap thing allmost looks like its off of a old pencil but i would not think they would be lead.

Yes strange piece still unsure what it went to.

OP
OP
8Reales

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! I really like the horseshoe.

It went into my trash pouch thought it was junk, but took it out for a closer look and saw the word " Sterling" and knew it was a keeper.

OP
OP
8Reales

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice horse shoe you got there!

But you know I am looking at those marbles.

I know that it cold up there, because the news said that the parents were complaining because their chillerns was cold in the schools.

Well done 8R!

Yes the horseshoe is catchy, but I really like the yellow and white marble.
Yes the school system really sucks some classrooms recorded temps in the 30s and 40s, how
Can anyone learn in those conditions? The city really needs to invest in these classrooms.

OP
OP
8Reales

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are hunting in the teens?? You are nuts! Nice finds.

Upper teens but u are right should had stayed home, lol. The ground was just starting to freeze I knew once it froze it was game over. This past days the temps have been in the upper 40s but sadly ground is still solid as a rock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread