The Magic Bullet

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to show you guys this "Magic" bullet casing I found the other day. From what little I could find online, these 44 Center Fire "Magic" bullets were made by UMC in 1889 for an Australian company (F. Lassetter & Co., Sidney, Australia) and shipped across the Pacific, making them a "rare" find here in the USA. Does anyone know more about these things?

IMG_0297.JPG IMG_0295.JPG

Upvote 14

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great relic you deserve some great stuff always like your posts hope its something amazing can usend some warm weather my way

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also found this the other day. An old collar disk from the Citizens Military Training Camp, something I had never even heard of before finding this thing.

IMG_0298.JPG IMG_0302.JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting relic, congratulations! :occasion14:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting history behind that bullet.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
both finds are amazing finds. one thing about digging up history, you can find things that totally surprise you and some very cool stuff...I'd say that you found both

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Pueblo, I found one just like yours at an old defunct railroad station east of Flagstaff on the Santa Fe main line. I think I found where they did their target practice because I have found hundreds of old obsolete shell casings.

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Pueblo, I found one just like yours at an old defunct railroad station east of Flagstaff on the Santa Fe main line. I think I found where they did their target practice because I have found hundreds of old obsolete shell casings.

Congrats on your find! Old bullet casings from the wild and wooly frontier days are some of my favorite finds. I was surprised to find out how old this thing is, since most of the casings Ive found probably come from the early 1900s. And knowing these things were made to be sent to Australia all the way back in the 1880s makes it even more interesting to me, considering what Ive learned about Australia's "wild west".

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Pueblo. I like that CMTC button. That's a great find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread