George Washington Inaugural Button just found rarity value of 6 in Alberts book.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(This is all I can show of the dig at this time) Ok I'm still flying high from the John Adams button I dug last week . They say lighting doesn't strike in the place twice, well it struck today again . I got ANOTHER new permission yesterday and went there today and out popped this beauty! I cant believe I have dug two great pieces of history in the last week. I got it on video too but it will be awhile before I post that don't wont anybody getting any ideas ! I cant believe it............ I finally joined the Washington club. This is another priceless treasure to me . Thanks for looking. DSCN0189.jpg DSCN0190.jpg DSCN0191.jpg DSCN0193.jpg DSCN0196.jpg DSCN0185.jpg DSCN0188.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 70

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The GW is of course just great, but I haven't found a seated dime yet ! I'd be overjoyed with that! Congrats and HH..

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the others....if there was ever an exception to a rule...this should be it. You have your 2nd banner as far as I am concerned.

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Awesome Button, that is a great looking button for sure. I will be voting Banner just after the 6 months is up :occasion14:

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I like the hole in the half dime as well!

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Sorry this fell on to second page on my computer. It really deserves to be up top. So to the first page this thread shall go :headbang:

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on another great find! You're starting the new year with some terrific finds!

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have two bucket listers posted for me. The Hal dime and the GW button. congrats

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry this fell on to second page on my computer. It really deserves to be up top. So to the first page this thread shall go :headbang:
Thanks everyone for the comments.
TNET rules 1 per 6 months.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Every time I open the TN page I'm surprised it's still not up top. Really hoping it won't eventually disappear like many other amazing finds that strangely were neglected in the last couple of months. It really deserves extra attention. I believe the rules should not prevent this thing from qualifying for the banner as they should celebrate the exceptional finds of the TN community and not be determined by the number of recent banners a member has.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the comments.
TNET rules 1 per 6 months.

oh, didn't know about the 6 month thing. I personally don't see how that makes sense. It's too bad the banner is not just for the best finds, period. That having been said, not a big deal, it's not like not making the banner takes anything away. My best hunt in a few years, and one of the best ever, didn't make it and it wasn't because of any rule.... but that sure doesn't take anything away from how I feel about it. :thumbsup: I just see something wrong when a more common GW shoots to the top and a super rare one, something we never see, doesn't.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
oh, didn't know about the 6 month thing. I personally don't see how that makes sense. It's too bad the banner is not just for the best finds, period. That having been said, not a big deal, it's not like not making the banner takes anything away. My best hunt in a few years, and one of the best ever, didn't make it and it wasn't because of any rule.... but that sure doesn't take anything away from how I feel about it. :thumbsup: I just see something wrong when a more common GW shoots to the top and a super rare one, something we never see, doesn't.

Well Relific just made 2 banners in a few months, so I don't think the 6 moths rule really applies. Someone told me it has much more to do with having 2 finds at the banner section in the same time. Anyways, banners are a huge mystery for me as everyone knows by now it has absolutely nothing to do with member votes, so whatever is written in the rules is not really how it works. And I agree, not getting the banner isn't taking anything away from the individual member, but I think it's a loss for the community. I imagine if the Oscars were attributed only to the directors and actors that didn't get one in the last year...wouldn't make sense.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Relific just made 2 banners in a few months, so I don't think the 6 moths rule really applies. Someone told me it has much more to do with having 2 finds at the banner section in the same time. Anyways, banners are a huge mystery for me as everyone knows by now it has absolutely nothing to do with member votes, so whatever is written in the rules is not really how it works. And I agree, not getting the banner isn't taking anything away from the individual member, but I think it's a loss for the community. I imagine if the Oscars were attributed only to the directors and actors that didn't get one in the last year...wouldn't make sense.

I didn't get an Oscar either. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread