George Washington Inaugural Button just found rarity value of 6 in Alberts book.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(This is all I can show of the dig at this time) Ok I'm still flying high from the John Adams button I dug last week . They say lighting doesn't strike in the place twice, well it struck today again . I got ANOTHER new permission yesterday and went there today and out popped this beauty! I cant believe I have dug two great pieces of history in the last week. I got it on video too but it will be awhile before I post that don't wont anybody getting any ideas ! I cant believe it............ I finally joined the Washington club. This is another priceless treasure to me . Thanks for looking. DSCN0189.jpg DSCN0190.jpg DSCN0191.jpg DSCN0193.jpg DSCN0196.jpg DSCN0185.jpg DSCN0188.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 70

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had 2 finds on the banner, back in 2008, at the same time. The Rev War Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Belt Tip, (Made Best Finds of 2008), and the Ryder 7, 1786 Vt. Copper. Never heard of this rule.

I think it's to keep someone from being too successful! You know, the kind of thing you Americans frown upon. :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think if the 2 finds on the banner rule is written in stone you should be able to bump your own find off, even if it's not the next to go. They don't pay me the big bucks for nothing! :tongue3:

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had 2 finds on the banner, back in 2008, at the same time. The Rev War Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Belt Tip, (Made Best Finds of 2008), and the Ryder 7, 1786 Vt. Copper. Never heard of this rule.

I believe the banner requirements changed a lot in the last 10 years. I wasn't on the forum back than but from what I can see from older posts it was pretty straight forward.
Good find + enough votes = Banner

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet GW inaugural button!! Huge bucket list find! And in my opinion a BANNER find, I’m voting. Congrats and HH

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always vote banner on a find that I believe is banner worthy. Only the moderators check to see if the member posting has gotten a Banner in the last 3 months.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been awhile but I continue to look for my second GW button. I found the John Adams button and 8 days later found this one. I got published in Western and Eastern this year with both finds appearing on the cover. This is a rare variety of GW button it holds a r value of 6 or 7 on Silversteins website. I don't know if I will ever top this in my detecting career but I hope all who detect get to feel the feeling of making a good find... Screenshot (2).jpg

Last edited:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still not banner?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No tnet has a 6 month banner rule. The Adams made banner and this one couldn't because it was only 8 days later. It has been 6 months now though.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A banner find is a banner find. Don't see the logic of restricting banners to one every six months...

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me either but that's their rules.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry ! The only time a Member had more then 1 at a time up there was By Accident
Of Me Not Paying Attention. Happens to me occasionally (maybe old-Timers :tongue3:)

The 6 Month Rule, IS just a Suggested time, Someones Banner may still Be up there,
Depending on How long it takes for 12 or so Others to Qualify For Banner.
And Number of Votes at the Time They role through those 12 spots.
Sometimes that's a Month, Most times Not that fast

Actual Working Title of the Banner is Recent Discoveries By our Members
the Owners removed that Title when they Purchased TNet. To save space I presume.
Or because vBulletin programming couldn't support a Title :dontknow:

I'm Sorry But I can't call 6 Months recent either.

Congrats on Making the Cover of W&E Treasures Best Finds Though

Last edited:

Fyrguy86

Sep 15, 2013
Landenberg, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab GPX5000, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WOah!! Congrats buddy. Amazing find!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry for putting this old post and bumping it It was one of those middle of the night cant sleep swimming through old posts and finds and made a few replies didnt think it would bump it to the top like my wife says thats your problem you dont think I tell her thats just one of my problems

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im still trying to top it... gonna be hard to do but im gonna try hard this season! I feel a big let down this find didn't make banner but rules are rules...…….at least it was good enough for the cover of a magazine. Its not eligible now and was told it didn't get enough votes for it at the time either. A GW button that are 3 to 5 known to exist didn't make it …..wow!

I guess im still a little sore about it....but I will get over it. Screenshot (2).jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions