First of the year was a double!

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stopped for about 20 min at a public park and hunted a path where I had dug a wheatie spill before. This time I made some circles around that area and got a 94-95 signal next to a tree. Out popped a Merc and as I rechecked the hole I seen the edge of the second Merc. I checked the hole in a couple programs but that was it. That breaks an agonizing 38 day silver drought for me. I was about to do my silver dance. 01F2903E-7D91-4F15-AC31-FFF8E886545F.jpeg

Upvote 32

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the double.

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! I've only found one Mercury dime at all in the half year I've been detecting. If I found two in the same hole, I would: 1) Create a silver dance, and 2) Dance it until the cops arrived. Nice job and congrats!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done sir. I always TRY to find multiple silvers in one hole, however it rarely works out that way for me.

I can see you now, out comes one silver, then another, and your mind races thinking that there are a hand full of them in that hole. You frantically search for number three, only to realize that there are no more. Slightly disappointed, you suddenly realize that you just dug TWO silvers and the happy dance feeling takes over.

Very well played, and best of luck to you sir!

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My fav coin and my first silver . Congrats on a dbl . Last time I found a merc it was also a dbl and by a hazelnut tree . I have been lucky enough to find over 30 mercs in two years . Mostly with the ATP .

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice double Mercury dime recovery! :occasion14:

OP
OP
the_mad_cladder

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very well done sir. I always TRY to find multiple silvers in one hole, however it rarely works out that way for me.

I can see you now, out comes one silver, then another, and your mind races thinking that there are a hand full of them in that hole. You frantically search for number three, only to realize that there are no more. Slightly disappointed, you suddenly realize that you just dug TWO silvers and the happy dance feeling takes over.

Very well played, and best of luck to you sir!
yep that was pretty much the play by play. I took it a bit farther and dug the hole out and rechecked it in another program and my pinpointer just to be sure. I was sure there was more but not hugely let down... like you said, I had just doubled. It’s kinda funny that despite hunting mostly homes that my last four silvers came from short hunts at public parks. I figured they would be slap worn out.

OP
OP
the_mad_cladder

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds buddy! Now it's my turn,lol

No way! I’ve got catching up to do! Buhahabaha Im due at least a triple before the gap is narrowed! $$$ Im sure we are both gonna hit pay dirt again soon. My boss seems to be against it with these 52 hr work weeks, sheeeesh! F2418D66-E0D2-4731-B1A3-FCAD75D64056.jpeg

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job man. I can't believe you found that spill there. I have pounded that park. It's my go to spot when I don't have any home permissions and have been there countless times. (I'm hiding my jealousy well. :laughing7:)

Congrats!

OP
OP
the_mad_cladder

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job man. I can't believe you found that spill there. I have pounded that park. It's my go to spot when I don't have any home permissions and have been there countless times. (I'm hiding my jealousy well. :laughing7:)

Congrats!
thanks! I’m just as shocked as you. I’m sure it’s been pounded by a bunch of people whic added to my shock.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
yep that was pretty much the play by play. I took it a bit farther and dug the hole out and rechecked it in another program and my pinpointer just to be sure. I was sure there was more but not hugely let down... like you said, I had just doubled. It’s kinda funny that despite hunting mostly homes that my last four silvers came from short hunts at public parks. I figured they would be slap worn out.

The parks here have been well hunted. However, I still find silver coins in them, but it’s not easy. You have to dig the iffy signals, and a lot of them. That Deus will find stuff that the others can’t, but don’t tell anyone I said that.

Best of luck to you sir.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,