New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went down the street to "the farm where nothing can be found" (in case you haven't already heard about this farm it's where the farmer told me nothing could be found there, lol) I decided I'd hunt in the woods since years before I mainly hunted only in the fields (mostly) Third target in was a flat button

Resized_20180111_102411.jpg 20180111_1024381.jpg

Not too long after that I found a sweet LC, here are pix from just out of hole all the way to "cleaned up"
I found only one other coin, a 1990 Washington Quarter, many headstamps and some buckles/suspenders
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

Resized_20180111_153158.jpg Resized_20180111_115244.jpg Resized_20180111_115234.jpg Resized_20180111_110649.jpg Resized_20180111_160019.jpg

Attachments

• Resized_20180111_110425.jpg
    Resized_20180111_110425.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Resized_20180111_110630.jpg
    Resized_20180111_110630.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Resized_20180111_110643.jpg
    Resized_20180111_110643.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Resized_20180111_153124.jpg
    Resized_20180111_153124.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 42
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it when they tell me you ain't gonna find anything. Way to go. Sweet cent
Thanks

Nice find and nice patina. Congrats.
Thank you

Nice condition on that LC congrats...:icon_thumright:
Thanks park pirate

That's a nice large cent!
Thank you

Nice find Brad. That Large Cent seems to be in great shape.
I agree, I only spent about 20 minutes cleaning it up, a lot of meat left on it, thanks My south Jersey sugar sand is nice to these coins that have not seen any fertilizer.

Just got to love it when the farmer knows best. Congrats on the great looking LC, liking the patina.
When I originally asked him he just kept saying you won't find anything. I told him I still would like to try, he just repeated, you won't find anything. I had heard this a few other times from people that would then tell me that they did it with there own metal detector, so now I always ask them,"why do you say that, because you do it?" This guy told me no, over the years my family has done it. I told him it was close to my house and the farm is just beautiful, it would be nice just to be outside trying. He then said have at it and have fun. After about a week of me being there every day he snuck up behind me while I was digging. He said, well you must be finding stuff, what did you find? I showed him what was in my pouch and told him what I had been finding up till that point. I also took him after he asked what I was doing with all the trash, over to my car and showed him the piles of iron and trash I'd been collecting up to that point. That was the first time I had seen him smile even years before I always noticed he never smiled at his produce stand.
I love the patina on this one, I hope I find my Capped Bust silver here. Thanks Pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks

Thank you

Thanks park pirate

Thank you

I agree, I only spent about 20 minutes cleaning it up, a lot of meat left on it, thanks My south Jersey sugar sand is nice to these coins that have not seen any fertilizer.

When I originally asked him he just kept saying you won't find anything. I told him I still would like to try, he just repeated, you won't find anything. I had heard this a few other times from people that would then tell me that they did it with there own metal detector, so now I always ask them,"why do you say that, because you do it?" This guy told me no, over the years my family has done it. I told him it was close to my house and the farm is just beautiful, it would be nice just to be outside trying. He then said have at it and have fun. After about a week of me being there every day he snuck up behind me while I was digging. He said, well you must be finding stuff, what did you find? I showed him what was in my pouch and told him what I had been finding up till that point. I also took him after he asked what I was doing with all the trash, over to my car and showed him the piles of iron and trash I'd been collecting up to that point. That was the first time I had seen him smile even years before I always noticed he never smiled at his produce stand.
I love the patina on this one, I hope I find my Capped Bust silver here. Thanks Pepperj

Had one a few years ago where I had the permission from the farmer he told me I should get it from the landowner. Stopping and speaking with the landowner (lived across from the corner field) I showed him the old map (1867/70) and asked him if I could detect. "I don't remember the Cooper/Blacksmith shop but there was two barns over there pointing to the other corner." No I don't think you'd remember something that was 150yrs old I'm thinking.
He told me to go ahead but I won't find anything. So after finding a few silvers, LCs, a half dozen tokens, pewter buttons, lots of iron, I'm thinking that it's a keeper for the next few seasons.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome coin, great looking on both sides too. That is what we hope to find, a coin that has both age and still be able to see it clearly, especially an LC. one like like could even warm you up inside, well, for a minute or two. congrats

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Copper!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Treble, Congrats to you on the find of the LC and the other finds. You did very well in an area where there was nothing to be found.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome coin, great looking on both sides too. That is what we hope to find, a coin that has both age and still be able to see it clearly, especially an LC. one like like could even warm you up inside, well, for a minute or two. congrats
Thanks Looter

Nice Copper!
Thank you

Treble, Congrats to you on the find of the LC and the other finds. You did very well in an area where there was nothing to be found.
Thank you

Very nice hunt,,
That LC is in great shape.
Congratulations on getting out.
Thanks brother

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That large cent sure fared well in the soil. That’s on my bucket list,one in good condition like that. Congrats!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! That is a sweet looking LC!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That large cent sure fared well in the soil. That’s on my bucket list,one in good condition like that. Congrats!
They are hard to find in that shape, I might get one a year, which might translate into one in 200 hunts. Of course it always helps if I can get on a great site. Thanks Coily

Congrats! That is a sweet looking LC!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
Thank you Beeps

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread