54 Degrees in Ohio I'll Take It.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man I woke up today and knowing it was going to be in the mid 50's today :hello2: I dreaded going to work since we have been experiencing -20 wind chill a few days ago. :BangHead: After a couple hours I decided to take the afternoon off with my Boss's approval. :thumbsup: Went home, got changed and headed back to the woods just down the road. It was a grey rainy day, but boy did it feel great detecting again. :occasion14: I was swinging the F2 with a sharpshooter coil since bit the F75LTD and F70 have been cleaned up and stored. First target was a wheat, 2nd target wheat and then I walked to another area. Pulled plenty of foil and only 90 cents total. On the way back to the car 3 hours later I got another wheat and my last target was my 1st silver for the year. It was a 1940 GW quarter.

All Finds (less trash)
20180111_172515.jpg

Today's Keepers
20180111_172717.jpg

Snow and cold is coming back in tomorrow. Gonna be in the teens and is supposed to drop 3 to 5 inches of that white stuff. Glad I got out and swung the coil. I mean no one on their death bed ever wished they worked 4 more hours. :tongue3:

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 43

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Loco on getting out there and finding your first silver for the year! Know what you mean about the white stuff today! Don't want to be driving today!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good day for both of us, I needed that warm snap, I just might have to move to the treasure coast of Florida! Nice work Kevin, congrats!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Loco on getting out there and finding your first silver for the year! Know what you mean about the white stuff today! Don't want to be driving today!

Replying to my own quote...

Here's the current radar weather map. Ouch! Stay inside!

2018-01-12.png

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yay Loco! Congrats on getting out and finding that first silver of the year. 11 degrees with a WCF of about 0 degrees here today, ugh. Sunny though, but that don't help. Sub 8-)

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Loco.
I don't get it! 50 degrees! Does it mean 12 ℃?

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got out and had your fix. Spring will be here soon.

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good assortment Loco but do you see what is coming through Ohio.
50s and ALL the schools are closed? What the H#LL is coming?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done Loco, it is very hard not to run out and detect when the weather looks even just sorta decent. the sun is shining but it is 19 degrees with a very strong wind so I just fixed a hot chocolate and will get a pot of beef stew going and maybe some homemade bread (just to warm up the house of course). congrats on the silver, bet it put a big smile on your face. DL

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So glad you were able to get out and detect! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice silver quarter! Looks like a good afternoon off to me.

Thanks WA, even if I did not pull any keepers, it was just great to get out for the 1st time in 3 weeks. I mean averaging less than 25 cents per hour is not my norm, but you can't expect to pull much in the woods.

Nice silver quarter,so take off early from work more often.

Thanks thrifty. I seem to start strong, just thope I can meet my annual silver coin coal of 50 coins.

The shotgun headstamps and spoon are keepers too.... sweet digs!

Thanks Dave, the spoon is nothing spectacular, may end up being a part of a bird sculpture in the future. Did you see my post about those?

Way to go Loco!

Thanks Steve. I know it's just clad to to East coast guys, but for me it's a real keeper. Wish it filled a slot in my folder.

Nice hunt! The F2 can still get it done. What a nice and light turn on and go machine.

Thanks H-VDI. I love it's simplicity, just wish mine came with the stock DD. those DD;s are expensive, that;s why it has a nel sharpshooter installed.

It hit hard on a target about 8 inches down. The target turned out to be a can, but laying next to it in the hole is 1940'S PEPSI bottle that is root bound. I marked the spot (by notching the tree next to it) in case I ever want to return to pull the bottle.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like the front is passing through us and we'll soon be in the deep freeze again. That past deep freeze did some damage around my chimney and I was rudely awakened by the sounds of drip, drip, drip, etc. last night. Next deep freeze is sure to widen the damage, but not much I can do at this point. I can't even detect as my detector won't tolerate a downpour even though the temperature is currently shown as 61 degrees. Ugh.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to break the ICE on the Silver for 2018.
Congratulations on a nice hunt.

Thanks ATW. It was very enjoyable even if it rained the entire time. I needed the practice hunting in the woods so I can stay sharp for when I hunt with the B.O.B.s in the spring

Great hunt btw

Thanks H-mom

Well,done K Dog. Good luck and I hope the weather cooperates.

Thanks Tom. Like we used to say in the Army. "If it ain't raining, It ain't training". The weather will not be an issue for the future scheduled hunts, trust me.

I’m so jealous you got out.;(

Had to, I was going crazy, glad my boss approved my vacation request.

Congrats on the finds and the weather. It has been really nice out here in Az this winter. Temps well above norms. I had a nice hunt today and should get some pictures posted tomorrow.

Thanks John, I see you just had to rub it in about being warmer than normal in AZ.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to see yah got out Loco, same here with the cold congrats on your finds..:icon_thumright:

Thanks PP

Congrats on the hunt and your first silver.

Thanks C-bash, not as good as what you normally dig, but I'll take a silver any day, especially from in the woods.

Nice going on getting out and your first silver of the year. Congrats!
Looks like winter again after today, pouring rain here. knocked the snow pack down a foot so there's bare spots now even, but forecasting a dumping of 8" tonight.

Thanks Pepperj, The threat of freezing rain today and snow later had schools closed and we are allowed to leave work early if we are concerned about our drive home.

Nice finds Loco. Our weather here in Illinois has been just like yours. We hit 58 degrees yesterday, but I was working all day. Cold and snow is coming back to us also. Glad you at least got your fix in for a few hours.

Thanks T-hunter, sure wish you could have gotten out yesterday, who know's when the next window of opportunity will come?

I'm glad you were able to get out before the storm. They covered their rears on our prediction: anywhere from 2" - 24" lol!
Congrats on the finds!

Thanks Wrightdigger Yep, what a spread, they need a margin of 22 inches,

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations Loco glad you got out swinging and landed that first silver out the way. Great job buddy

Thanks Truth, Now I only need 49 more to meet my goal and to try to keep up with you.

Congrats on your first silver of the year!

Thanks pa-dirt, the 1st one always comes early, just hope I can stay on permissions that hold the old coins.

Thanks SD51, not bad here so far, it's the quick temp. drop this afternoon that has everyone scared in my area. Black ice is nothing to take lightly.

It was a good day for both of us, I needed that warm snap, I just might have to move to the treasure coast of Florida! Nice work Kevin, congrats!

Thanks Brad, love your LC, it has plenty of detail and a sweet patina. How does your future boss think of moving South?

Replying to my own quote...

Here's the current radar weather map. Ouch! Stay inside!

View attachment 1536147

Don't blame you one bit.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yay Loco! Congrats on getting out and finding that first silver of the year. 11 degrees with a WCF of about 0 degrees here today, ugh. Sunny though, but that don't help. Sub 8-)

Thanks sub, I know the feeling, we had a few days of -22 below wind chill

Well done Loco.

LOL, thanks Vince, I sure wish I had sites that produced the real old stuff like you do. The other night I asked my wife if she wanted to go to Italy some day.

Glad you got out and had your fix. Spring will be here soon.

Thanks RN, you are correct, it will be soon. But will it be soon enough.

Good assortment Loco but do you see what is coming through Ohio.
50s and ALL the schools are closed? What the H#LL is coming?

Thanks NEOH They knew there would be no problems in the morning getting the kids to school, but with the wet rainy weather and knowing the temps were going to dive sharply, getting the kids home driving on black ice is not a viable nor safe option.

Well done Loco, it is very hard not to run out and detect when the weather looks even just sorta decent. the sun is shining but it is 19 degrees with a very strong wind so I just fixed a hot chocolate and will get a pot of beef stew going and maybe some homemade bread (just to warm up the house of course). congrats on the silver, bet it put a big smile on your face. DL

Thanks dirtlooter. It's gonna be crappy over the weekend, I plan, weather permitting to get some cloth and batting for the displays I plan on putting together. If the weather is too crappy, I plan on air testing the F70 in SL mode vs the F75LTD in BP mode to see if they get the same depths

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done Loco.

10C=50F

Got to 12.3C in Eastern Ontario some spots 20 miles west are already 15F less with the front blowing through. Looking out at bare ground, pouring rain, wind blowing, and wishing for a hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread