Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I see one of those big bore chunks of lead, I just imagine the carnage it would cause ripping through flesh and bone(s)...makes my shudder, and to think of how many of those dug actually found their target, the smashed, deformed projectiles. Cool video, thx..Ddf.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Every time I see one of those big bore chunks of lead, I just imagine the carnage it would cause ripping through flesh and bone(s)...makes my shudder, and to think of how many of those dug actually found their target, the smashed, deformed projectiles. Cool video, thx..Ddf.

Thanks DDF! Yes, I think we're often guilty (I include myself), of missing the relevance and meaning of the relics we recover. It's always good to take a moment and reflect.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I saw the video on You Tube earlier and you saved a lot of VA CW history there Richard. I bet you have nice box of relics from that site. WTG & HH, Q.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I saw the video on You Tube earlier and you saved a lot of VA CW history there Richard. I bet you have nice box of relics from that site. WTG & HH, Q.

Hey Quindy. Yes, I have SEVERAL boxes.:laughing7: I like to put my relics in shadow boxes rather than Ryker cases. Just works better for me. I'm working on a display today! I use a water soluble glue to afix them to the fabric so I can hang them on the wall or stand them up. Of course, I would not do that with a high value item, but works well for minie balls, shell frags, etc. If I live to 90, I MIGHT catch you, but I doubt it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy !
What a target rich site, I love that dropped Gardner & those Big 69's , we don't get them that much here in N Ga..

As for fired rounds , I don't feel they get the respect they should but they sure would tell a good story could they talk.

P.S.About 60+ % of my Civil War Bullets have been Fired.

Great Fun to watch Video.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boy !
What a target rich site, I love that dropped Gardner & those Big 69's , we don't get them that much here in N Ga..

As for fired rounds , I don't feel they get the respect they should but they sure would tell a good story could they talk.

P.S.About 60+ % of my Civil War Bullets have been Fired.

Great Fun to watch Video.

Thanks Davers! Yes, each fired round was meant to kill another man. Lots to think about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread