Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree13Likes
  • 7 Post By Valley Ranger
  • 2 Post By dirtdigginfool
  • 2 Post By Valley Ranger
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering
  • 1 Post By Davers

Thread: Battlefield Bullets ~ Part II

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Relic Hunter & Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mar 2011
    Shenandoah Valley
    Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Nokta Fors Relic, Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (3)
    976 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Battlefield Bullets ~ Part II

"A land without ruins is a land without memories -- a land without memories is a land without history." ~ Rev. Abram Joseph Ryan, Poet Laureate of the Confederacy

My YouTube channel.

Amazon author's page.

Proud great-great grandson of three Confederate soldiers.

us
    Mar 2014
    south central ohio
    At Pro At Max
    2460 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Every time I see one of those big bore chunks of lead, I just imagine the carnage it would cause ripping through flesh and bone(s)...makes my shudder, and to think of how many of those dug actually found their target, the smashed, deformed projectiles. Cool video, thx..Ddf.
    gold boy and Valley Ranger like this.

Charter Member
    us

Mar 2011
    Shenandoah Valley
    Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Nokta Fors Relic, Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (3)
    976 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigginfool View Post
    Every time I see one of those big bore chunks of lead, I just imagine the carnage it would cause ripping through flesh and bone(s)...makes my shudder, and to think of how many of those dug actually found their target, the smashed, deformed projectiles. Cool video, thx..Ddf.
    Thanks DDF! Yes, I think we're often guilty (I include myself), of missing the relevance and meaning of the relics we recover. It's always good to take a moment and reflect.
    Davers and dirtdigginfool like this.
    "A land without ruins is a land without memories -- a land without memories is a land without history." ~ Rev. Abram Joseph Ryan, Poet Laureate of the Confederacy

My YouTube channel.

Amazon author's page.

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    2744 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    I saw the video on You Tube earlier and you saved a lot of VA CW history there Richard. I bet you have nice box of relics from that site. WTG & HH, Q.
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

Charter Member
    us

Mar 2011
    Shenandoah Valley
    976 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by VOL1266-X View Post
    I saw the video on You Tube earlier and you saved a lot of VA CW history there Richard. I bet you have nice box of relics from that site. WTG & HH, Q.
    Hey Quindy. Yes, I have SEVERAL boxes. I like to put my relics in shadow boxes rather than Ryker cases. Just works better for me. I'm working on a display today! I use a water soluble glue to afix them to the fabric so I can hang them on the wall or stand them up. Of course, I would not do that with a high value item, but works well for minie balls, shell frags, etc. If I live to 90, I MIGHT catch you, but I doubt it.

My YouTube channel.

Amazon author's page.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II, Quattro & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    10394 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thank you for sharing!
    Valley Ranger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    3773 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Boy !
    What a target rich site, I love that dropped Gardner & those Big 69's , we don't get them that much here in N Ga..

As for fired rounds , I don't feel they get the respect they should but they sure would tell a good story could they talk.

P.S.About 60+ % of my Civil War Bullets have been Fired.

Great Fun to watch Video.
    Valley Ranger likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Charter Member
    us

Mar 2011
    Shenandoah Valley
    976 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    Boy !
    What a target rich site, I love that dropped Gardner & those Big 69's , we don't get them that much here in N Ga..

As for fired rounds , I don't feel they get the respect they should but they sure would tell a good story could they talk.

P.S.About 60+ % of my Civil War Bullets have been Fired.

Great Fun to watch Video.
    Thanks Davers! Yes, each fired round was meant to kill another man. Lots to think about.

My YouTube channel.

Amazon author's page.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links