Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the weather has been crazy...Major January thaw....left home, the temp was 34°F (1°C) and drove half hour to the site and BANG temps jump right to 62.6°F(17°C)..T-shirt weather...Ground was thawed to about 8 inches and then frozen solid...good thing the finds were mostly within the first 6 inches :headbang:...Won't be saying this for too long but will while it last... but so far this year I have about 14 times Iron Patch's buttons and 3 time the amount of coins...:laughing7:... Also manage a musket ball, bale seal and a mystery copper, so if anyone recognizes it, chirp in...Just getting out made my Winter...thanks for looking...

Group Jan 13 2018.jpg coin1.jpg coin2.jpg bale4.jpg coin8.jpg

Upvote 15
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Congrats on prying those goodies from the frozen tundra!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE on coin.... ID on another forum....
Scottish halfpenny from Edinburgh, dated 1796 ............ Seaby number is Lothian 10, and Dalton & Hammer number is DH12.

The date side reads (around the coat of arms) "Ditat Servata Fides .... Archibald Seedsman Edin". The Latin translates roughly as "Faith Preserves Riches".

The other side is just wording: "Sells Garden Grass, Flowers, Seeds, Fruit Trees". There was (at least on the No 10 variety, wording on the edge reading "Payable at the Sho* Joseph Archibald", while No. 10a lacked the edge wording.

sell.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Getting out at this time of the year is something, getting to dig is a bonus. Different getting the Scottish Half Penny, and bale seals are always a welcomed recovery. Well done Patriot.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
there's a coin I'm pretty certain doesn't show up too often, I always like seeing something different and that fits the bill

I'll take a look at sometime before you dig another one lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread