Cool find to start the year.. but strange also..

A. Fitzpatrick

Dec 4, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, finally made it out for the first time this year, weather has been crap. I got permission from a farmer to do some hunting on his land.. after I did some research and found that in one of his fields there used to be a couple houses, quite possibly mid 1800’s, but were wrecked back in the 70’s to make more field. I’m fairly certain that today I located one of the sites.. it’s definitely not obvious where the structures were, like in some cases. Anyway.. I pulled a ton of junk, some really thick old piece of glass, some other interesting pieces of metal and this one.. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516054752.722466.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516054774.562393.jpg

It’s riveted to what feels like lead, it’s super heavy.. never seen anything like it.. it’s about 2 1/2 inches tall.

But here is the funny part... initially to clean it, I ran it under warm water to get the dirt off.. and i noticed it was making a very low sizzle/hissing noise...wth.. I dried it off and it continued for a couple of minutes... kinda like rice crispies when you pour milk on them..

Anyone have any input??

Thanks,

-A

Upvote 10

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
no idea but weird

paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually found one of those last year, but it had an "M" on it. I believe it was identified as a radiator cap badge and in those days you could buy one with whatever letter you wanted to personalize your automobile.

DSC07711.JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting find! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's creepy Glad you got out I still have too much snow on the ground to get out rrrrrhhh. Thanks for sharing it clean it up and it will be a nice relic

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Interesting find.

The second image shows what appears to be a plate, which has the old English letter, mounted on another piece of metal.

Is the plate then made of brass or what do you think its made of?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably a radiator plate with the first initial of the owners last name, in old English lettering.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread