JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All, I got to go hunt today for my holiday off. Beautiful weather here in Northern Ca today so it made for a fantastic day!!

I was invited by my friend to go hunt with him to a spot with some emigrant/goldrush history today and of course I jumped at the chance. Dan is a great guy and always a ton of fun to hunt with.

Any ways with in 20 minutes of being at this sight I got a horrible signal and almost passed it up but you have to dig these signals when there is so much iron at the sight. I dug down about 6 inches and pulled out a green round disc. I quickly gave it a swipe and I knew I had something old. Wasn't sure what it was but saw 1/4 on the back. Last month I saw someone post a 1/4 real and that was the first time I had seen one. Sure enough that is what I got.

I was very Happy to say the least!!

About 1/2 hr later I found a surface find of a really cool 1 piece button, If you have any clue please fill me in but it seems late 1700's to early 1800's It reads "Rich Orange" "373" "Gilt Colour"

I also grabbed a few older underwear buttons as well as a couple jean buttons One saying "SERVAL" and one a little newer with "lee union alls"

Lastly I found a 1915s wheat penny in really nice shape with only 4 million minted it is a lower minted penny

Happy hunting all!!

first 5 minutes of video for reale and flat button

Attachments

• real 5.jpg
    real 5.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 164
  • real4.jpg
    real4.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 150
  • real3.jpg
    real3.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Real 1.jpg
    Real 1.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 141
  • real2.jpg
    real2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Upvote 44

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds!

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some great finds! Wow, quarter-reale! Fantastic flat button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread