Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was found the same day as the Confederate plate, I had gone to two sites that day. This site was first. It is marked sterling silver with a zillion cubic zirconias on it. Looks like a fairly recent drop. I put it aside and couldn't find it until last night. I lose stuff all the time but do manage to find it. IMG_0067.JPG

Upvote 27

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nicely done! πŸ™Œ

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why don't we just name this site Smokeycatnet?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. It was just under the grass roots. Not real diamonds, but you never know until you test them.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice ring, that would make someone very happy to get. You just make the rest of us feel normal...now what did I do with that?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff-Gordon, be nice. I just go all the time. And have a new pick ax to prove I dig through tundra. Hours invested=stuff.

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a beautiful ring!! Wouldn’t it be nice if it wasn’t a CZ.

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your ring,.. nICE.. test it... HH.. :occasion14:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now...must...find...gold. The little bead I thought was gold the other day was plated, after I tested it. Oh well.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done Smokey,,
It's always nice to come home with a little Sterling.
As long as you can remember where the coffee pot and bathroom are,, you'll be okay,, lol

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waterscoop, is that you on the turtle? Spede777, I have a diamond tester and it's definitively not diamond. Oh, well, and against the wind, I don't really do coffee, bathrooms however are important. There are a lot of places not that far from me where it is legal to dig and nobody bothers. There are miles and miles of farms, and without much known "history" to any particular one, no one bothers. Nothing like getting into a virgin Civil War site, let alone two of them. I don't particularly likes parks, but this one likes me. I go to two others, and three beaches. Too many sites, not enough days.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful looking ring, congratulations! :occasion14:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking ring Smokey. So, let me get this straight. You get up in the morning, get yourself together, get your detecting equipment together, drive to your sight, hunt for hours, make nice finds, drive home, and get them into your home, only to lose them ? Sorry, just had to. I am glad you eventually find them again !

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the rewind smokey, now you can rest the mind till it happens the next time. Too bad on the bead wasn't solid and only plated. Best of luck on the next hunt :occasion14:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trezurehunter, you nailed it. I bring stuff home, get it all cleaned up. Stuff it away or under something, then temporarily lose it. I do this so many times it's not funny. Right now I only have a slabbed $5 gold piece hiding and an old Chinese coin my dad found 50 years ago. They are here. I had to remove the entire contents from my living room for carpet installation and remember sticking them somewhere out of the way, I hadn't got the coin to the safe deposit box yet, and there are only a few places left to look, but I've been out digging. They're not going anywhere. The $5 gold piece is a cheapie, common date. The Chinese coin was just being identified and again, I set it right here somewhere. Normally things live in the couch which is a queen size sleeper sofa.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Smokey ! Bet the heart skipped a beat when you first saw that! Of course I would’ve forgot about it after finding a Civil War buckle plate LOL
Well done, congrats and HH

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trezurehunter, you nailed it. I bring stuff home, get it all cleaned up. Stuff it away or under something, then temporarily lose it. I do this so many times it's not funny. Right now I only have a slabbed $5 gold piece hiding and an old Chinese coin my dad found 50 years ago. They are here. I had to remove the entire contents from my living room for carpet installation and remember sticking them somewhere out of the way, I hadn't got the coin to the safe deposit box yet, and there are only a few places left to look, but I've been out digging. They're not going anywhere. The $5 gold piece is a cheapie, common date. The Chinese coin was just being identified and again, I set it right here somewhere. Normally things live in the couch which is a queen size sleeper sofa.
Like you said, if its in your house "it isn't going anywhere" and that's a good thing ! That just means you get to continue your treasure hunt a second time for the same item. Maybe I should try that ! Could fill a void during these long Illinois Winters.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treazurehunter, I even went to to the bother to order a few 1mm cz stones to replace the three that are missing on the little ring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread