Three rings and one necklace on Do San beach

Thaddeus

Dec 29, 2017
NFA
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 400i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great day digging in a gross muddy beach for these badboyz.

The signet says scott, 1964, Murphy county with a graphic of a baseball player at bat and opposite an Indian chief with a headdress. Stamped 926 silver. I believe the stone is onyx.

The gold with Roman numerals is plated as it does not seem heavy enough but rang at 56.

The broken one I am not sure if it's junk or not. It has four diamonds, graphics of bonsai trees, no stamp and seems very old rang in the 80's.

Necklace seems like a cheese knockoff nike and is stamped vn for vietnam. But it was still fun to pull it slowly from the sand!

Locals say all four are real and tried to buy them but I can't tell......how do you tell if it's silver? How do you tell if it's gold plated? Is gold plate worth anything? Has anyone heard of Murphy county, possibly with a baseball team named the chiefs?

Still new learning lots

Attachments

• 20180121_140420.jpg
    20180121_140420.jpg
    808.5 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 23

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! :occasion14:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring you are calling a signet is a high school class ring I found 2 Murphy county one in New York and one in North Carolina.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ring.gif
Great finds Thaddeus! Dang - 3 rings in one day. Personally, I can't get myself to sell anything I find - must be a sickness! :laughing7:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a really Sweet hunt Thaddeus. I make it a policy to Never show anything valuable to people when I am metal detecting. I will show them the trash I'm going to get rid of.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring you are calling a signet is a high school class ring I found 2 Murphy county one in New York and one in North Carolina.
There is a Murphy Lake in Hamilton County, N.Y.
There are also a few County Parks named Murphy, but there is no Murphy County in New York State.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet finds

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the roman numeral ring very carefully for a T&C mark. If it is a Tiffany and Company Atlas Ring you have hit a few thousand dollar jackpot. Even Used value. I believe they ask upwards of 5K for it at the store.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome jewelry finds! :occasion14:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Murphy Lake in Hamilton County, N.Y.
There are also a few County Parks named Murphy, but there is no Murphy County in New York State.

I was just repeating what Google came up with.

OP
OP
Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Dec 29, 2017
NFA
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 400i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a really Sweet hunt Thaddeus. I make it a policy to Never show anything valuable to people when I am metal detecting. I will show them the trash I'm going to get rid of.

I am rapidly learning this is a very good idea

OP
OP
Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Dec 29, 2017
NFA
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 400i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the roman numeral ring very carefully for a T&C mark. If it is a Tiffany and Company Atlas Ring you have hit a few thousand dollar jackpot. Even Used value. I believe they ask upwards of 5K for it at the store.

Was really excited when you said this but no tc dangit

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Sir!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread