Found a medium grade watch today. Questions on hallmarking. Thanks!

Lbcwanabe

Jun 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not 10 feet from the car the old Etrac gave up this Boluva watch.The watch itself is pretty roached, but the band shows little to no signs of corrosion. It is marked with "kt" hallmarks, but no numbers to indicate how many karats it is. Maybe stainless? Can anyone save me a trip to jewelry?

Thanks!!!
ZXihorD.jpg

hHq3Lte.jpg

Q59htF1.jpg

miFCuCL.jpg

Upvote 7
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice find! :icon_thumleft:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
It would be very helpful if you could provide all the "words" on the front and back to help in searching. Also, IMHO - the ""kt" hallmarks" may only apply to the watch band?

OP
OP
L

Lbcwanabe

Jun 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ vpnavy: The KT hallmarks are only on the band itself. The band shows absolutely no signs of corrosion. The clasp, bezel, and other areas of the watch(including the back cover which is marked "stainless") all show signs of corrosion. This was found in riverbed soil that was very corrosive to the modern clad we also found in the same area. Here are some pictures of the back and front as close as i could get. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread