sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey there T-net. Well, not a super exciting post today, but it's been a while since I posted a find, let alone even go for a hunt due to my busy work schedule. The weather here in central California has been absolutely beautiful lately, and with no plans last weekend, I had to take advantage.

A few weeks ago I finally pulled the trigger on ordering myself a new coil for my fisher gold bug Pro. I wanted a little bigger size in hopes of some better depth. I ended up purchasing the NEL 15" DD ATTACK coil...and boy is it sweet!

I took it out very briefly after I first got it because, well....I just couldn't wait!!! Lol. Found some clad and junk jewelry but mostly just practiced swinging the new heavy beast and listening to its different response.

Anyways, this last weekend was beautiful as I mentioned before and I was able to escape plans with the wife so I actually got to hunt both Saturday and Sunday. Day one brought a 1953 Rosie, and a few bucks in clad...(I actually had a $1.75 quarter spill...someone must have passed out on the way to the laundry mat). Day two brought me a 1919-S Mercury dime and a little more clad and other crap. Again, nothing too exciting, but I'm happy to have my new coil find some nice silver and hoping to get some more, deeper targets very soon! If anyone has any advice for me regarding these bigger coils, feel free to share [emoji106]🏻 thanks everyone, and as always, HH and GL

The Sgt

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516679316.676992.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516679330.868692.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516679351.445394.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516679366.269912.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516679381.594347.jpg

Upvote 23
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silver finds!

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That 1919s dime is a sweet find. Were you detecting sites you already searched before? Jw

I just bought the NEL Thunder for the ATP and I've have about 3 hours into using it. I found 1910 & 1942 wheaties along with a 1899 V Nick. That's just searching random wooded areas in the city.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those silvers! :icon_thumleft:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a NEL Attack coil on two of my detectors. Great coil for wide open spaces! My only advice with it is, to keep swinging it! :icon_thumleft:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any advice for you because with those 2 silvers,, you seem to be doing fine,, lol.
Congratulations

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That 1919s dime is a sweet find. Were you detecting sites you already searched before? Jw

I just bought the NEL Thunder for the ATP and I've have about 3 hours into using it. I found 1910 & 1942 wheaties along with a 1899 V Nick. That's just searching random wooded areas in the city.

Thank you! Yeah I love finding older Merc dimes. Well, I love finding ANY silver dimes, but something about those early mercs just makes me happy.

To answer your question about the site: YES! I have been going to my usual hunting grounds because I have wanted to swing the new coil over previously hunted ground. So far so good! A nice investment [emoji106]🏻

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you! Yeah I love finding older Merc dimes. Well, I love finding ANY silver dimes, but something about those early mercs just makes me happy.

To answer your question about the site: YES! I have been going to my usual hunting grounds because I have wanted to swing the new coil over previously hunted ground. So far so good! A nice investment [emoji106]��

It's difficult to find/dig an older S mint coin here in PA. Almost always P mint except last year I managed to locate a 1893-O Barber Quarter. It's always interesting to go back to a previously hunted site with a new coil or detector. I know there is always something missed!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait there is no old coins in Fresno. :notworthy:

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's difficult to find/dig an older S mint coin here in PA. Almost always P mint except last year I managed to locate a 1893-O Barber Quarter. It's always interesting to go back to a previously hunted site with a new coil or detector. I know there is always something missed!

Yeah bud, you're right about that! And I'm seeing it now first hand. It's funny going over ground I KNOW I've gone over numerous times prior and then finding keepers! It's a great feeling.

Yeah here on the west coast, it's mostly "S" or "D" mint marks. Especially with the older coins. I chalk it up to: people didn't travel like they do now and coins circulated around the area of the closest mint. Shoot, I've even been keeping my eyes peeled for the 2017 "P" penny (because it's the first penny to have a "P" mintmark) and I've only found 1!! Just 1!!!!! Funny how that works [emoji106]🏻

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread