Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not posted any pics since I moved to ND in February of this year . I got stationed here and looked at several homes and finally found one in a little town of about 200 people .Really it being an older home with a big yard was really a selling point for me . ;D When we closed on the home the ground was still froze and there was to much unpacking and fixing broken stuff, for me to hunt anyway. I finally got out in my yard one day and only found one old coin which was a Indian head! I called a friend over to hunt and he (johnnyreb) and I started hunting as we moved across the yard we started finding coins ! He ended up with about twenty or so coins total and two nice rings he found about a foot apart. Pretty much all the easy kills are gone now . I still find a coin here and there but from here on out I have to dig all the iffy signals and lots of iron. Its been a blast though.I also found my first Barber dime (1906). The coolest thing I found is a 1915 Lansford ND dog tax tag. I also really like the little army tank and plane I found. There were several toys in the yard .Jacks, two pieces of uncle Sam's play money with a date of 1950 on it,toy rings and some other little things. I did find a large coin type object that says GE on one side and the other side says ,seeing spinner and then it has directions on it how to use it. Every thing pictured was found in my yard but one Mercury dime ,some type of navel button and a couple of Wheaties I found in another yard. There are lots and lots of old abandoned homes around here but most have private property signs all over them . I am trying to track down some owners now but no luck so far. Another strange find was a 1921 Mexican coin and a nice little silver Glacier National Park pin. All in all this yard has taught me that you never know what is going to pop out of the ground. Hope to have something new to post soon. Thanks for looking and HH.

Attachments

• Aug28_07yardtoys.jpg
    Aug28_07yardtoys.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 566
  • Aug28_06yardbuttons.jpg
    Aug28_06yardbuttons.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 579
  • aug28yarddigs.jpg
    aug28yarddigs.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 568
  • Aug28_04dogtax.jpg
    Aug28_04dogtax.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 563
  • Aug28_05GNPPIN.jpg
    Aug28_05GNPPIN.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 526
Upvote 0
B

Brush Creek

my yard is sacred and I and my boys are the only ones that hunt it.
I would hate to let a Friend detect and find a great ring or gold coin in my yard.

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brushcreek, I learned a lession on that one. The rings were both real nice. :-\

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
wow i love those old homes i found a tank just like yours but mine was starting to corrode i think they were made with zinc

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I wish my yard would produce like that. Really nice finds!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Birdman, good to hear from you! Nice finds in the yard and lesson learned, I have also learned a lesson about partners. HH, Mike

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nice finds, Birdman! I have to agree with the others; your yard should be YOUR YARD. The one place you don't have to ask permission (depending on the wife ;D) and no need to hurry through it.

cottonjim

Jan 12, 2007
S.W. MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Merc's and Indian heads, and wheats, these are a few of my favorite things ;D Nice yard dig's. HH
Jim

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know what you mean about huntin' buddie's but it's all good.I took one of my buddie's to 2 of my spot's(new for him) end's up with an 1834 dime at one and an 1810 LC at the other...put a hurtin' on me bad!!.I don't know how you're taking the Germany move but I'll take your yard find's anyday..nice find's.Glad to see you posting some pic's,keep em' comin'.Congrat's on the silver and HH!!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good stuff there! Keep it up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread