Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather was nice, a little windy. Took the kids to the area i stared to hunt yesterday hoping to find some oldies but it was just a plain wheat harvest 7 in total. No buttons, two relics the parasol slide and the item that looks like a whistle, any ideas ? . I then took the kids to the playground for about an hour. On our way back to the truck i stopped at an area that had produced some nice old finds and even sterling in the past. It did not disappoint , i dug about 10 holes and walked away with 5 more wheats and a 1950 Rosie. The only relic here was the item marked with " Signal Police " any ideas on this piece. I google this and a police whistle comes up, but i don't think this part went to a whistle. Any how it was a fun hunt with the kids. HH and GL to all.
27067448_550227792001145_2373137511513837860_n.jpg

Upvote 19

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done sir, well done :icon_thumleft:

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good to see you got out and had a nice day with the kids...and found some goodies in the dirt to boot! The signal Police item was probably related to just that...the Signal Police of the early traffic years (say 1910 to 1930). In some cities a large percentage of the police force was dedicated to just managing traffic as stop lights were just coming into use. Your item is probably related to this era, whether whistle-related or not.

John

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Can I steal the name "Signal Police" for my new user name? That's pretty cool. Great day. Congrats. :thumb_up:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on getting out and finding some nice things! :occasion14:

OP
OP
8Reales

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you got out and had a nice day with the kids...and found some goodies in the dirt to boot! The signal Police item was probably related to just that...the Signal Police of the early traffic years (say 1910 to 1930). In some cities a large percentage of the police force was dedicated to just managing traffic as stop lights were just coming into use. Your item is probably related to this era, whether whistle-related or not.

John

Thanx for the info John

OP
OP
8Reales

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank u as always professor

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds looks like an old site. The kids also that's great Family time you can share with them. My kids just want the jewejry I find. The Wife also lol. I always wonder what my collection of finds would look like if I started out as a kid. Thanks for the great post Tommy

OP
OP
8Reales

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds looks like an old site. The kids also that's great Family time you can share with them. My kids just want the jewejry I find. The Wife also lol. I always wonder what my collection of finds would look like if I started out as a kid. Thanks for the great post Tommy
I wonder the same thing, my son enjoys looking for surface finds while my 3 year old daughter prefers to find as many worms as possible.

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds from the older parks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread