3rd Silver for the August !

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
Until August I hadn't found a single silver coin that was actual coinage. Now I am up to 3 for the month and although it's not that old its the oldest I have found in silver - a 1943 Merc

I went back to the park where I found my first BF half last week and was being real careful not to miss anything, especially around the big pine trees. Then I got a signal that jumped a bit, but I had a feeling it was more silver. It was under the tree, kind of where the branches had grown out. I could just imagine a new pine tree planted 50 yrs ago and the kids playing around the yard. I always wonder what was going on when they lost it. There must have been a lot of activity because now I am up to 14 wheats, a couple of 1940' nickels, 1952 BF half, and now a 1943 Merc. It's turning out to be a pretty good place to hunt.

pic.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy fishing !

Mark (A.K.A. ivy_walls)

Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing as nice as seeing that merc shine in the dirt....Great find and one of the best looking coins made in my opinion...HH and hope you find many more.

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Nice finds! that stuff looks really good, man.
What the "fishing" comment?
I, my friend, am a HUNTER....a treasure hunter!!
LMAO

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Way to go on that nice Merc. It's allways good when you bring home silver.

OP
OP
ivy_walls

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
tymcmurray said:
What the "fishing" comment?
I, my friend, am a HUNTER....a treasure hunter!!
LMAO

I didnt make it up, but the fishing is all about ground fishing. Some days it seems like I am never gonna get a bite, then all of the sudden nothing but keepers !!

Keep on Fishing (or Hunting)

Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions