Sunday Monday Hunts.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Some old stuff from the last two hunts. Not much to get excited about but, just hunting in January is pretty amazing in itself. The nickel plated buckle was from Sunday and was just under the surface. Found a dump spot while digging a target. I opened up a huge hole a gathered up some glass and various other fragments. Found the oil lamp part today. The one spoon piece I believe is pewter. So I am finding old stuff just not the "good" stuff. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

20180128_125848.jpg 20180128_135419(0).jpg 20180129_181031.jpg 20180129_180719.jpg 20180128_180511.jpg 20180128_180531.jpg 20180128_180648.jpg 20180128_180757.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 24
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice relic hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
old is where the cool stuff is

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on getting out and checking another spoon off the required spoon quota for 2018. I think I'm at 6 so far... with only 2 silver coins. Maybe my new ratio will be spoons to silver coins vs wheats to silver. Congrats

Last edited:

TWray

Sep 5, 2016
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to get out there and put together some nice relics. I like to see the old stuff. Shows a rookie like me what I need to be looking for. The popular stuff is a given. Thanks for sharing.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old relics are always a welcome hunt. Nice hunt Kevin.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting out and checking another spoon off the required spoon quota for 2018. I think I'm at 6 so far... with only 2 silver coins. Maybe my new ratio will be spoons to silver coins vs wheats to silver. Congrats

The spoon was resting peacefully right on the surface as pictured. How often do we walk up on old keeper coins in that position? I do enjoy any period relic that gives me clues to the sight I am hunting. I have been hunting this permission for nearly my entire career and have only one silver coin from it. A Rosie. Some Seated and Barbers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the support mate.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to get out there and put together some nice relics. I like to see the old stuff. Shows a rookie like me what I need to be looking for. The popular stuff is a given. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks green horn. I post a lot of less glamorous finds and weird stuff just for folks starting out and looking for ideas about what to look for in a sight.I reckon some of the glass and other fragments are mid 1800's period. Gives me some confidence I am in the ballpark and to keep plugging away. Thanks for the excellent comment mate.

Last edited:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has got to be some good stuff around. I like the silver buckle thing the most.
Id say hunting in January is difficult with the possibility or amazing lol.
Just keep swinging were almost out of this i hope...

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! [emoji106]

Well, perhaps if someone could identify the "mystery" nickel plated shield buckle as a civil war relic then this would indeed be a great hunt. Still no clue as to the large old buckle. Thank you for your continued support mate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has got to be some good stuff around. I like the silver buckle thing the most.
Id say hunting in January is difficult with the possibility or amazing lol.
Just keep swinging were almost out of this i hope...

Thank my frigid friend with the two most adorable future treasure hunters ever. I got a very educated suggestion from another T-netter that the shield buckle is half of a "sash buckle". Makes perfect sense according to it's design. That makes this find super cool and means I have to locate the other half! Wish me good fortune in my search. P.S. Tell your two daughters I think they are cuter than Lady Bugs, which I think are the cutest bugs on earth!

Last edited:

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, perhaps if someone could identify the "mystery" nickel plated shield buckle as a civil war relic then this would indeed be a great hunt. Still no clue as to the large old buckle. Thank you for your continued support mate.

Wish i could help you on the buckle. Im sure someone will chime in. What i do know is that it looks cool! [emoji2]

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank my frigid friend with the two most adorable future treasure hunters ever. I got a very educated suggestion from another T-netter that the shield buckle is half of a "sash buckle". Makes perfect sense according to it's design. That makes this find super cool and means I have to locate the other half! Wish me good fortune in my search. P.S. Tell your two daughters I think they are cuter than Lady Bugs, which I think are the cutest bugs on earth!

Thanks a ton Kev! Im truly blessed to have such beautiful little girls. Hope they continue in my footsteps. I wish you the best of luck finding the other half. It has to be around somewhere :icon_scratch: I told them and they had the biggest smiles including my wife. "Yay! were cuter than ladybugs" their exact words :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread