Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Greanade!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Dec 2017
    NFA
    Garret ace 400i
    135 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Oops maybe i spoke too soon.....after reading the link i realized it was us3d in vietnam and after re-reading your post i realized that it could be from any decade. I know that the bunkers are vietnam era. But i have flund a 1944 shell nearby. Maybe the north vietnamese were using old gear or maybe they fought many different battles over decades on the same hill. I do know its a russian f1 thanks to you though westfront.

jacdec1968

Feb 2014
    Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction, Az in the winter
    Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer, Lesch digger
    3031 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaddeus View Post
    I am a canadian working in vietnam. I got a TEFL certificate to make traveling through the winter easier and more profitable. When i show up in a country i get a free visa, bike, place to stay and sometimes food. I cannot stand the bull i go through in vietnam and would not recomend getting work here, but i am making the most of it.
    Sounds like you have a perfect job seeing the world and having it paid for. Are you allowed to say what area you are in? I was there in 67-68 compliments of Uncle Sam.
    Thaddeus likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    10188 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    A Russian pineapple a Vietnamese vegitable, a Loas lollipop. that is really cool!!!!
    Thaddeus and rickb2202 like this.
    This is an addiction!!! There is no cure!!! And it only gets worse!!!!! KEEP PLUGGIN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

ca
    Dec 2017
    NFA
    Garret ace 400i
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Johncoho View Post
    Sounds like you have a perfect job seeing the world and having it paid for. Are you allowed to say what area you are in? I was there in 67-68 compliments of Uncle Sam.
    Yes of course i am allowed......i am in hai phong, its about 75 kilometers away from hanoio towards the coast down the red river. I am 40 kilometers from do san beach. Hai phong is the third most populous city in vietnam after ho chi minh and hanoi. The job is allright in every aspect except for the bureacracy and bulloni. But my plan to travel the world for profit is working out. Surprisingly small profits but still working. I spend alot of time imagining what that must have been like to come here at that time. Alot of great aspects and alot of terrible ones as well. Johncoho if you remember any sort of spot for detecting or even have any vietnamese theory based on an experience there please let me know. I need a real veterans opinion. I travel ALOT and am not afraid of driving my crappy little scooter a thousand miles to check out some location of a battle or a destroyed temple that you may remember vague directions to. I ask you this sir, where were you stationed in vietnam.
    Johncoho and rickb2202 like this.

jacdec1968

Feb 2014
    Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction, Az in the winter
    Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer, Lesch digger
    3031 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaddeus View Post
    Yes of course i am allowed......i am in hai phong, its about 75 kilometers away from hanoio towards the coast down the red river. I am 40 kilometers from do san beach. Hai phong is the third most populous city in vietnam after ho chi minh and hanoi. The job is allright in every aspect except for the bureacracy and bulloni. But my plan to travel the world for profit is working out. Surprisingly small profits but still working. I spend alot of time imagining what that must have been like to come here at that time. Alot of great aspects and alot of terrible ones as well. Johncoho if you remember any sort of spot for detecting or even have any vietnamese theory based on an experience there please let me know. I need a real veterans opinion. I travel ALOT and am not afraid of driving my crappy little scooter a thousand miles to check out some location of a battle or a destroyed temple that you may remember vague directions to. I ask you this sir, where were you stationed in vietnam.
    I spent a lot of my time near Nha Trang. I always thought the beaches were really nice and predicted that someday it would be a tourist destination. Vung Tau was one place where you could have in country R&R that a lot of us went to when we were allowed to have in R&R. That could be a place to metal detect.
    Thaddeus likes this.

ca
    Dec 2017
    NFA
    Garret ace 400i
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Johncoho View Post
    I spent a lot of my time near Nha Trang. I always thought the beaches were really nice and predicted that someday it would be a tourist destination. Vung Tau was one place where you could have in country R&R that a lot of us went to when we were allowed to have in R&R. That could be a place to metal detect.
    Yes nha trang is a good spot. One of the more hit up spots in vietnam. All that russian tourist gold on a sandy beach that changes quite a bit. Euro coins, silver and gold. I actually had my bike stolen there once and managed to steal it back the next day.
    Vung tau is interesting. Never heard of it but will do some quick research and actually head the long haul south. I have been thinkibg about nha trang alot really. Today is the kickoff for tet and they gave us our measly pay and twelve days off so its time to explore some new possabilities. Happy new years!
    Johncoho likes this.

us
    Dec 2017
    Texas
    Bounty hunter commando Garrett AT Pro
    234 times
    Metal Detecting
    Awesome finds
    Thaddeus likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links