1st morning out with the AT Pro!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I couldnā€™t resist a run down to the beach with the newly aquired AT Pro. 26 degrees and a pretty brisk breeze. I ran it on PRO Zero with no disc. Had a blast wherever the sand wasnā€™t frozen solid. It was low tide so I hung around the shoreline. No gold or silver yet, but 11 cents and some large pieces! Next time the disc. Is going up!

I really like this machine. A special shout out to Smokeythecat for steering me towards the used detector options. Thanks Smokey!

GL & HH!

Attachments

• E77DC14F-3524-427A-AB23-0A576C223A7B.jpeg
    E77DC14F-3524-427A-AB23-0A576C223A7B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Upvote 13

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll love that machine once you get to know it. Just pay attention to what it is telling you and learn. The AT Pro will always remain one of my favorites.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beaches are always fun dig the solid targets . I heard we are supposed to get 10 more inches of that white crap this Friday EEEERRRRRR Keep up the great posts your going to have a great year!!!!!! Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found with the AT on beaches if your looking for gold rings notch everything out from below 38 and above 66 I know you will miss coins and some high carrot gold possibly but I have found most of my gold that way and its a fun way to learn your AT the notch out is a great feature also most golf
d Ive found the VDI stays solid and usually only varies 3 to 4 numbers. HH

OP
OP
Phishfindr

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found with the AT on beaches if your looking for gold rings notch everything out from below 38 and above 66 I know you will miss coins and some high carrot gold possibly but I have found most of my gold that way and its a fun way to learn your AT the notch out is a great feature also most golf
d Ive found the VDI stays solid and usually only varies 3 to 4 numbers. HH

Thanks Tommy! I'm on it!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Atpro is a great machine. I always ran mine in pro mode and disc at 35. Ground balance often. Dig every consistent signal. I would watch the vdi but looked more at the consistency of the number rather than the value. Many things effect the value of the vdi, such as depth, moisture, multiple targets, and position of the target.
This has been my experience anyway. Trust what it is telling you and you will be posting some great finds.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yhose stings just for gold its fun to learn the machine my main settings pro zero no disc youll find your best settings wont take long!!!!!!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT PRO is my first REAL detector, I had a cheap one 25 years ago that didnā€™t last a summer. I got the wireless rig and 5x8 coil for Christmas and it is awesome! I run pro zero disc at 30 having a blast!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice purchase! :occasion14: Take your time and learn the tones of the machine.

OP
OP
Phishfindr

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratualtions on the nice purchase! :occasion14: Take your time and learn the tones of the machine.

Thanks Doc! I'm dedicating 2018 to learning as much as possible about her, and hopefully reaping the rewards along the way! :thumbsup:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new machine and a fun hunt!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great machine, you should have a blast. We have the AT GOLD and it has found some awesome stuff. can't wait to see some awesome finds

Wrecka

Jun 22, 2017
Gold Coast Queensland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When im using mine on the beach i find the Nel Snake coil to be much stabler on the wet sand than the Nel Hunter coil.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait until itā€™s warm enough to take it to a swimming hole... and submerge it under water
You will need a scoop but after your first ring recovery in water you will be hooked in water hunting as well...Iā€™m sure of it.

Enjoy your ATP, sheā€™s my current shallow fresh water ā€˜HUNTRESSā€™ and she has not let me down...Iā€™m eyeing the Equinox to replace her but so far from what Iā€™m seeing Iā€™m not sold on replacing her...

Cheers

ā€˜Scoop

F7CC9755-257C-4CCC-841A-D2DF25B72741.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions