FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I actually found this a couple weeks ago, but I lost all the pictures on my phone when it updated :BangHead:. I ended up recovering them off the memory card, so I figured I'd post it! Anyway, I recently bought a new NEL Storm coil for my AT Pro, so I wanted to take it on a test hunt to get an idea of how it performed in the field. I took it to a buddy's place that was built in the 1830s or 1840s. We have hunted it a lot, I thought the NEL would be able to sniff out some deeper relics... and I was right! I got a strong, deep signal that ended up being this awesome pocket watch! The ground was thawing, so everything I dug was covered in a thick layer of mud. That being said, I couldn't see anything engraved on it while I was out there. Imagine my surprise when I finally was able to wash it off and saw a great train scene engraved on both sides! It appears to be gold, but I haven't had it tested yet. I doubt it is, and I don't want to risk breaking it by opening it. Gold or not, it's definitely a great start to 2018! Enjoy!

PF

Attachments

• rrwatch1.jpg
    rrwatch1.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 237
  • rrwatch1-2.jpg
    rrwatch1-2.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 150
  • rrwatch2-2.jpg
    rrwatch2-2.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 189
  • rrwatch3-2.jpg
    rrwatch3-2.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 172
  • rrwatch2-3.jpg
    rrwatch2-3.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 43

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope I'm wrong, but, it looks plated... Inside the front and back cover it will be stamped 14K, if it is gold... the serial number inside the back cover can be looked up on line and it will tell you what year it was made..... all you need is the make and serial number... Good Luck

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet,Sweet,Sweet, Congrats !!!!! :headbang:

Bonzododa71

May 31, 2017
Canada
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi PF,
You still have the expectation of what's engraved inside open it carefully could be a story and some interesting research...I found a solid gold pocket watch and it gave me some hours of tracking down the "deceased" owner who had become a very important person......Bonz IMG_3365.JPG IMG_3366.JPG

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. Another reason I'm getting a bigger coil for my ATGold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread