Saturdays digs.

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
Saturday's digs.

I was supposed to get together with my detecting club to hunt an old cabin but I couldn't go this morning. I was able to get out after lunch for a while. The schools were treating me pretty good this week so I decided to hit another one today. I was there for about 2 1/2 - 3 hours. There were a bunch of people there for a little league game so I stayed away from the ball fields and playground. I didn't really expect to find too much in the grassy areas that I was able to hunt. I was WRONG!!! There was a small hill coming down from the school toward the ball fields and parking lot. Maybe the kids use it as a sledding hill, I'm not sure.

Anyway, My take for the day:
12 modern Pennies & 1 1957-D wheat
2 Nickles
17 Dimes
8 Quarters
1 Sacagewea $1
Total $4.93 if you count the wheatie.
And a copper bracelet, it had come apart and I found it in 2 pieces but I was able to bend the links to make it whole again.

I will have to post a picture later, I keep getting an error....

Upvote 0

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Saturday's digs.

Nice clad score! I have had good luck so far at schools and parks hitting the grass in the ballfields or schoolyards. I think every school must get hunted around the playground areas from time to time, but how many people take the time to hunt to big grass fields? Not to many. I find just as many coins away from the playground as I do on them, mostly older and deeper. Go hunt the outfield!! Good luck!!

OP
OP
bmanofnbc

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used

trying again.

Attachments

• 3-26-05 Mt Harmony Elem.jpg
    3-26-05 Mt Harmony Elem.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 325

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Congrats on those finds! Can't help but notice that there are getting to be more Sacagawea $1 coins showing up on this forum. Always a nice change from yjr usual mems.

R

rvbvetter

Thats quite a haul! WTG!! I've hit some glory holes at the bottoms of bare dirt banks at a few schools. I guess the kids like to slide and tumble down them. HH

F

Floater

Way to go. Nice Claddage as bigrig said LOL. Hey what camera are you using . My pics Suck. and i am getting a new one. HH
PS. anyone can answer. I am going to start a topic on Metal detecting forum for it.

OP
OP
bmanofnbc

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Floater, I use a Sony 3.2 megapixel cybershot. Whatever camera you get use a colored background, white will make everything wash out in the picture, it's too bright. I've been using a red plastic plate and the pictures come out pretty good. I heard a good tip was to use the purple velvet bag that comes on a bottle of Crown Royal but I'm not a big drinker...

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

You might also try a cheap blue woven placemat. Mine has instructions about taking a pic of plain white paper and storing it as an automatic backgound exposure. It's a Samsung Digimax 301.

F

Floater

Jarman , I didn't find anything here this is bmanofnbc stuff . I just was asking about the Camera.LOL
bmanofnbc, thanks for the info. Its funny you say the cybershot because my IT Director just pulled one out and said this is a good camera but we don't use it anymore and to try is. It is the 3.3MP cybershot w/manual and auto focus w/the Carl Zeiss lens. He is charging it up as we speak so I will try it out. I cant believe this.It was just too funny you respond w/the Sony and he says the same thing.HH and i will let you all know.

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005

I went to visit my folks and went to an Old Pony express station area, the location has been one of those sites that has been searched for 40 yrs, I found a bunch of tin can lids (more like an old dump) then an archialogical site. And beer cans from the people cruising the country roads.

Oh welll, I dug up everything, just to check it. Fun anyway. I hope I can find a place with less junk next go around.

Nice day in Central NE on the Little Blue River, Dog got to play, tested the detector I got for Christmas, it works nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions