Pre-Superbowl hunt...Militia Eagle, more buttons and colonial!

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This site has continued to produce as you can tell from my last few posts and VMI's recent post. The shear amount of buttons has been amazing. Buttons of all kinds, shapes, sizes, and makes. The field where I dug the Rowley made Confederate I gave me another first. This 1808-1820 State Militia Rifles eagle button. Came out of the ground looking great and I had to immediately text VMI to show him but also to laugh at him for not braving the impending fowl weather.

IMG_6043.jpg IMG_6044.jpg IMG_6045.jpg IMG_6046.PNG IMG_6060.jpg IMG_6062.jpg

Here are the rest of the button finds. Not as many as usual out here but still interesting. This two piece I'm guessing is civilian and the other cone shaped button is a first for me. Couple more nice tombacs as well.

IMG_6064.jpg IMG_6066.jpg IMG_6068.jpg IMG_6071.jpg IMG_6072.jpg

Found an awesome toe tap. First time I've ever found one with the little nails still in them.

IMG_6074.jpg IMG_6077.jpg IMG_6078.jpg

Dug a nice round ball and this lead cow tag I'm guessing. Mat found one as well that is almost identical but his has an old script number on it. Tell me if I'm wrong on the ID

IMG_6080.jpg IMG_6086.jpg IMG_6088.jpg

Dug a very nice partial pipe bowl and some more nice porcelain pieces. Got one whatzit as well...no idea if its anything...probably not.

IMG_6090.jpg IMG_6093.jpg IMG_6095.jpg

Thanks for looking! Good luck out there!

IMG_6058.jpg

Upvote 19

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick very nice button. You may want to get Jon one of those inflatable donuts to sit on since you seem to be kicking butt right before that farmer starts planting all those sweet potatoes in that field

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Stef, that militia rifleman is a nice one for sure. Hopefully more tomorrow

Im digging big copper! Gonna wish it into existence. Thanks man

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick very nice button. You may want to get Jon one of those inflatable donuts to sit on since you seem to be kicking butt right before that farmer starts planting all those sweet potatoes in that field

He's killing me on the Spanish but i'm beating him on the buttons I think. Water always finds its level though so I'm sure he'll dig a bunch of rev war buttons and i'll dig some Spanish. Thanks man

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer button Nick! Congrats. Better hurry up and get what you can before that field is planted.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds all,and I would love to see all those buttons in a display case if you could find one big enough.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds all,and I would love to see all those buttons in a display case if you could find one big enough.

Big Display? At the rate he's been killing it he's going to buy a Bigger house and dedicate a room for All of it. He's the New King of Potato Fields.

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer button Nick! Congrats. Better hurry up and get what you can before that field is planted.

yeah exactly! We still have some acres to scout out as well. I just need the illusive big copper from this site and it will make my year. Thanks for looking.

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes I've had to start getting creative with where to put the buttons. Thanks.

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Display? At the rate he's been killing it he's going to buy a Bigger house and dedicate a room for All of it. He's the New King of Potato Fields.

END OF MARCH!

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome looking button Stef and good luck with more. Gotta keep Jon honest there. Can't let him get all of the glory! :laughing7:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Militia button! I think your lead piece could be half a bale seal......English?

Iowa Dale

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread