Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just needed to walk. I remembered
a couple of really rough sections near my
mansion. Wooded, too overgrown most of
the year. But, in the center of winter? ;)

I was right about that but it still was
pretty rough. I held out for a couple
hours. Served my purpose *AND* tired
me completely out! :(

Here's the take:

2018 (52).jpg
2018 (53).jpg

Two clad dimes a "whadifind?" and a tiny
flat button.

2018 (54).jpg
2018 (55).jpg

Strange lil hook thingy. :dontknow:

This next one truly made me open my
eyes wide and say, "HUH!?!" :dontknow:

2018 (56).jpg
2018 (57).jpg
2018 (58).jpg
2018 (59).jpg
2018 (60).jpg

Anyone!? :dontknow:

2018 (61).jpg

Fishy seems to be enjoying. ;)

2018 (62).jpg

Blingie came out, yawned, and fell
asleep on the way back to bed. ;)

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 19

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you had a fun walk! Thanks for sharing your finds.
WD

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess thats one good thing about winter, less vegetation to tromp thru. Congrats on getting out mid-winter.

Intetesting finds.
Not sure what the hook thingy is either but, it has alot of writing on it.

Fishy has a winter sleeping bag, maybe he will share it with Blingie.

Is it a very large hollow tip bullet? Strange looking for sure, and big.

Is the deteriorated coin a modern quarter or something else? Looks like it has the same washington head.

That was for sure an interesting detecting romp.
I hope you have recovered and are ready for your next one.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you got out! :icon_thumleft:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting out Whadi. The semi-melted (?) silver-ish disc may be a coin? Hard to tell. Fishie is going retro with his Sock-it-to-me vibe...Sub 8-)

PS: Here is your metal hook thingie in all of its glory! Cheers

lepages.jpg

The big bullet is probably a .50 caliber semi-jacketed hollow point pistol round. Similar to this...

50 caliber.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting out Whadi. The semi-melted (?) silver-ish disc may be a coin? Hard to tell. Fishie is going retro with his Sock-it-to-me vibe...Sub 8-)

PS: Here is your metal hook thingie in all of its glory! Cheers

View attachment 1548647

The big bullet is probably a .50 caliber semi-jacketed hollow point pistol round. Similar to this...

View attachment 1548648

Thanks Sub.
I just don't know ammo at all. But this thing seems huge! About an inch long and a whole half inch across!?!?

Its seems to be either completely brass encased lead or solid brass. You can see down inside the hollow and the bottom is solid brass too.

I would love to see the cannon/ handgun that would shoot this thang!!!:tongue3:

Thanks again!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a successful hunt brother. Hit the best spot you could and found some old stuff. That hook is unique. Should be able to research it. I love any flat button as they are very old by American standards. The round disk must certainly be a worn out real. Excellent walk in the woods.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi said, "I would love to see the cannon/ handgun that would shoot this thang!!!
tongue3.gif
"

Something like this one, Sir!

.50 caliber Desert Eagle

desert eagle.jpg

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Mansion?

Yeah, "my" mansion. Its my personal lil piece of heaven, my respite, my battery charger. Just walking around there is like visiting the past. Let alone if I find anything. Been going there for years and it just never gets "old"! ;)

Most, here, know of my favorite place to walk. :)

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, "my" mansion. Its my personal lil piece of heaven, my respite, my battery charger. Just walking around there is like visiting the past. Let alone if I find anything. Been going there for years and it just never gets "old"! ;)

Most, here, know of my favorite place to walk. :)

My "mansion" is undoubtedly my first large historic permission. Until recently it has produced very little of any historic significance. Now it's become one of my best spots for fantastic finds. Even though I've been hunting this permission for nearly my entire career with little to show for it until recently I have always left the hunts with a lighter load of stress and some peace of mind. I have witnessed many wonderful sundowns from this sight and the finds have had very little to do with leaving out receiving a well needed soul adjustment. Hunting truly is therapeutic for me. I know many others can relate to this blessed phenomenon. Peace my friend.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My "mansion" is undoubtedly my first large historic permission. Until recently it has produced very little of any historic significance. Now it's become one of my best spots for fantastic finds. Even though I've been hunting this permission for nearly my entire career with little to show for it until recently I have always left the hunts with a lighter load of stress and some peace of mind. I have witnessed many wonderful sundowns from this sight and the finds have had very little to do with leaving out receiving a well needed soul adjustment. Hunting truly is therapeutic for me. I know many others can relate to this blessed phenomenon. Peace my friend.

OK, Ya'll. Have not reached that level in my metal detecting spiritual elevation yet. I have been there with mountain stream fly fishing though. I get it. Thanks.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi said, "I would love to see the cannon/ handgun that would shoot this thang!!!
tongue3.gif
"

Something like this one, Sir!

.50 caliber Desert Eagle

View attachment 1548828

With your knowledge of guns/ammo, doesn't this like an absolutely rare thing to find!? In THIS place? How many would even *have* a gun like this? LOL I'm just curious. Thanks!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With your knowledge of guns/ammo, doesn't this like an absolutely rare thing to find!? In THIS place? How many would even *have* a gun like this? LOL I'm just curious. Thanks!

Yes Whadi, not very many .50 caliber handguns floating around out there, MUCH LESS, with a fired round ending up on a historic site, (not at a firing range.) But, a nearby idiot with a .50 caliber pistol could have shot a round or two into the air on New Years Eve, not caring where it came to earth. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Whadi, not very many .50 caliber handguns floating around out there, MUCH LESS, with a fired round ending up on a historic site, (not at a firing range.) But, a nearby idiot with a .50 caliber pistol could have shot a round or two into the air on New Years Eve, not caring where it came to earth. Sub 8-)

I was just gonna ask about the range of such a bullet.:tongue3:

The air shot is very feasible as this was a surface find, just laying there. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread