Relaxing Hunt

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By some standards my morning hunt wasn’t all that great, if the goal was to get instantly wealthy but for me it was a fine one. I hit my 1920’s permission, all told there are three homeson this 5 acres that will be demolished and I have the whole lot but focused on the 1920’s house and outbuildings. The other houses were built in 1953 (still occupied) and 1962. So I hope to find silver but so far I have just the one merc I pulled last week. Anyhow I swung away and woke up my little friend. Found some clad, 3 Wheaties, dug a lot of trash but two of the neatest finds was a sterling silver rifle badge for a marksman medal and my very first cortal bell. Temperature was crisp, woods were quiet and the ground was soft so in my mind a good hunt.

Attachments

• 6BE2DC9C-6E17-4EF5-BC5D-B852A961ADB5.jpeg
    6BE2DC9C-6E17-4EF5-BC5D-B852A961ADB5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 87
  • 5AF04CFE-5BAE-46B4-9607-7CDB49C2CFB3.jpeg
    5AF04CFE-5BAE-46B4-9607-7CDB49C2CFB3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
Upvote 17

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a great day. The quiet of the woods is the best therapy of all, especially when a good tone breaks the silence.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty awesome hunt, you made it out on a relaxing hunt, saw wildlife, found silver and relics! I found the same silver rifle medal last summer. wish I had found a bell like that too but not so far, pretty cool. congrats

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh Deer! Love the crotal bell! :skullflag:

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waiting for my first crotal bell. Congrats Tom

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any day with a crotal bell in the pouch is an instant winner! Congrats.

OP
OP
BLK HOLE

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a great day. The quiet of the woods is the best therapy of all, especially when a good tone breaks the silence.
Yep I do like it when everything is quiet the then you get that clear high tone!

OP
OP
BLK HOLE

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waiting for my first crotal bell. Congrats Tom

I was very surprised to find it, very loud high tone but a little scratchy and when it came out of the hole I initially didn’t know what I was looking at but after brushing it off a bit I was like “dang!!!” Yours is out there waiting and I have no doubt you’ll find it:icon_thumleft:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. Time to trade the shotgun for the metal detector. Still just a lot of snow on the ground by me. Oh well, it will melt soon. Love the Crotal Bell. Sounds and looks like the woods and hunting conditions were just right for you.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice finds. Glad to see someone is finally getting some dryer ground. :happy3:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunt by my standards mate. My top priority is always to gain peace of mind and leave my troubles in the dirt. Encounters with critters like that beautiful deer provide just what I am looking for. Very old Crotal Bell and silver pin. That spot must have 1800's coins scattered around somewhere. For certain it does provide a relaxing environment. Just what I look for in a sight. Well done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread