Three Classic Pull Tabs, 1941 Wheat, UMC Co 10 Gauge Brass?!?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Not too impressive on the finds but, I spotted two Bald Eagles on the drive to the frozen field so it was a nice sunny yet windy day. I did score one barely keeper coin in the 1941 wheat along with a classic pull tabs trifecta and cool old UMC Co 10 gauge brass. Ready for another week in the salt mine after my weekend adjustment to mind, body, and spirit. Y'all have a great week. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

20180218_142252.jpg 20180218_164330.jpg 20180218_164413.jpg 20180218_164507.jpg

Upvote 16

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than me. We had a round of snow and ice this weekend, but the weather is supposed too be better this week.
Glad you got out and feed the beast.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still, very nice.

Well thank you and Welcome to the Best Treasure Hunting forum on the www. Great Folks with much knowledge and very helpful too. Happy Hunting Mate!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t think I have ever run across pull tabs like that?? But the most important thing is just getting out and swinging, well done Kev :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still you had fun,and your reference to Proverbs is true.

Amen & so be it. Normally I would consider today's finds "unworthy" of posting. However as many folks know it's just getting out in the field that matters most of all. Getting properly aligned with nature and most importantly with the Creator of it all. Peace and blessings my friend.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t think I have ever run across pull tabs like that?? But the most important thing is just getting out and swinging, well done Kev :icon_thumleft:

Those are some the older original pull tabs. Funny thing is I don't recall ever finding them in this field before today.Also you are absolutely correct about getting out and making contact with nature. It's great medicine. Say HI to Bambi next time you're in the woods!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I've NEVER dug pull tabs like that, and the 10 gauge shell is awesome. Sometimes we forget that that the little bits of history are what glue the rest together. Nice job!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still you got out and enjoyed the day hunting...:occasion14:

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a few of those vintage pull tabs and wow do they sound like a very good target every time.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I've NEVER dug pull tabs like that, and the 10 gauge shell is awesome. Sometimes we forget that that the little bits of history are what glue the rest together. Nice job!

I can't agree more about the little bits. I may not do a Happy Dance when recovering these "less"glamorous relics but, certainly do appreciate their place in our history. Well spoken mate.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still you got out and enjoyed the day hunting...:occasion14:

Indeed Professor. Mission Accomplished. Beat staring at the walls wondering if I could even dig up a target. Thanks for your consistent support on this wonderful forum sir.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few of those vintage pull tabs and wow do they sound like a very good target every time.

They are a little beefier and do sound pretty good. Often make me hope an Indian is hiding under my coil. I save every one I dig.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last time I found a bunch of those classic pull tabs 2 Rosie's and a 5 wheats were mixed in. You're in the right spot, keep at it and congrats on your finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread