🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my EQ800 to an old high school that I've been hunting for the last few years to see what the Nox could do. I started off in park 1 and the very first target was a solid 13 within 3 minutes, turned out to be a 1912 V-nickle at close to 5", I did my happy dance and knew this was going to be a fun machine. First impressions, of course, light, very fast and the responses left no doubt when you hit a good target. I'm not 100% sold on the sound of the wireless head phones, I think I'll end up using my Killer B's when I find the adapter for the WM08 I'll say this, nickles lock on 13 solid. I ended up with a double nickle trifecta, first time for me. 2 V-nickles, 2 buffs and 2 Jefferson's came out within the first hour. I found that customizing is very easy on fly if you can remember what the advanced settings do. I love that I can adjust the tones and the breaks much like my CTX and it's very easy to do so. Overall, I feel like it was worth all the waiting and can't wait to get a better grasp of what this machine can really do after a few more outings. I did dig a 9" wheat, the numbers bounced, but, I did get a repeatable high tone, very impressive!!

Attachments

• IMG_7722.JPG
    IMG_7722.JPG
    393.8 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 18

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on all the great finds. Thanks for the post on the Equinox. I have been keeping my eye on it. Glad to see some reviews coming in. HH

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Dan glad you got out with your new machine good review

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Dan-
Were you not digging low tones with your Etrac/CTX? Seems both of these machines would have found these coins at just 5"?
Gary from Oregon

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Double Trifecta now that is the way to break in the new machine! Still hunting my first V nickel, but like all the other things on my bucket list it's in the ground somewhere. Congratulations on a great hunt.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the super mid-tone hunt! Those old nickles are very nice. :occasion14:

I bet that elephant gave you some good luck! GL & HH

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
impressive, congrats

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dan-
Were you not digging low tones with your Etrac/CTX? Seems both of these machines would have found these coins at just 5"?
Gary from Oregon

Hey Gary,

I have been guilty of cherry picking from time to time :) But, these guys were surround by low tones, I know I've hunted this spot with 2 tones ferrous with the Etrac more than once

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread