First Permission, First Day, First Finds......Real Workout!

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was my first day out on my first "Permission". I got only trash, but dug my tail off chasing All Metal just to see what my Garrett would do. I found 5 soda cans, a 12 gauge shot gun shell brass casing and a marble size bit of aluminum all between 1' and 28" using my GTI 2500 with 9" & 12" coils and lastly with the Treasure Hound. I believe it makes a Peloton workout like a kids bike.

I was searching the dig out/over burden of a new drain field, 6-7' high dirt piles about 200 LF. I dug till I was tired and really learned that I can trust my Garrett, if it says it is a soda can, it is a soda can...! Proud of my brass 12 gauge shot gun casing found at 25" as my first find with The Treasure Hound. Got to get back there again tomorrow as they are rocking the drain field in Wednesday. After that I have about 2 acres of a Victorian Era Home Site to learn on. What a work out and best it is less than 1/4 mile away!.

Attachments

• 20180219_124938001_1519065457740.jpg
    20180219_124938001_1519065457740.jpg
    939.4 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 14
OP
OP
S

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Truth 1253....I agree and wish I could tell more, but the terms of my permission prevent me from it. Going to have to dig a lot of trash/history to get to the reward. By the end I will have done the work to have it and worked myself into better health, if today is any indication of what's ahead. Nothing worth anything comes without work and luck helps. I've always been lucky!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Truth 1253....I agree and wish I could tell more, but the terms of my permission prevent me from it. Going to have to dig a lot of trash/history to get to the reward. By the end I will have done the work to have it and worked myself into better health, if today is any indication of what's ahead. Nothing worth anything comes without work and luck helps. I've always been lucky!

I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itโ€ โ€• Thomas Jefferson

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep up the good work...goodies will be under your coil real soon! :occasion14:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first hunt. It's obvious that you have been bitten by the bug. Won't be long with your attitude until the great finds are flowing. We look forward to seeing them. Welcome to t-net. [emoji106]

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to persevere and not get discouraged when your โ€œfirstโ€ permission is slow in forthcoming, I always try to remember that there is a pony under there somewhere!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
S

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to all of you that have commented on this thread. Your support and encouragement gives me even more desire. I love my T-Net family of "Dreamers"! Finishing my coffee and heading out! Supposed to get to 88 degrees today, sucks to be me!! Blessings on you all!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looking forward to seeing some great find from you very soon. GL&HH! :thumbsup:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like others, I'd bet you will be finding some good targets, and it's because you are really going thru the time, effort and "digging" to really learn what your brand and model of detector is telling you. Because of it, you will be digging "Good" targets that others had missed. I'd say you are a "Detector Guy". You bet.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to dig the trash to get to the good stuff. Learning your detector is a good thing, although its a good practice to just start digging every signal anyway. That way you will not miss anything. Good luck on the rest of the place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread