Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I took a metal detecting road trip yesterday about 40 miles away, and a ferry across the Puget Sound. I was saving a trip to this particular town for a “weekend day“, so I could metal detect the old high school grounds. I must’ve been quite the site walking onto the ferry with a metal detector in my hands and my second metal detector in my backpack broken down but still sticking halfway out.

Things started off slow in this historic town. I imagine other detectorists have been hot to trot on this place for decades.

I weave my way through the historic town to the high school. Acres and acres. I had looked at some historic aerials and saw foot pads from the school down to the field through a park like Douglas fir stand. I could not find any targets. I was in remote steeper areas of the school yard, and I think I saw other detectors holes, but I stayed vigilant.

I found a small area near the entrance of the school property and started swinging. I could definitely see some old plugs around. But I would swing my coil near the plug and I get a signal that I wanted to dig. Perhaps the last detector there didn’t have a pin pointer or wasn’t so great at recovering targets. I got a screaming signal maybe 92 on the A-T max. Boom, I knew it was sterling.

I felt like my mission was accomplished with 16 g of Sterling in my pouch. But I went to a couple more parks in town and didn’t come up with much. I got to chatting with a nice man on the side of the road and asked for permission is historic home, built in 1890 something. He said that some bottle collectors had dug out his privy in years past, but doesn’t remember any metal detectorists.

The medium size lot had seen a lot of regrading, so metal detecting wasn’t the best. I did however manage to find a small coins spill. Five or six wheat pennies, maybe even a steel penny that was completely corroded, and a silver war nickel. The met the man had his son and granddaughter is visiting, so they were right beside me for the hour plus I was in their backyard chitchatting learning about the detector and getting excited about the signals with me. It was a good day, thanks for reading.

588B0A77-B34F-4983-8FA4-E972D7160B00.jpeg
18B6E3FD-B218-417C-8792-09EF03E1DF58.jpeg

Upvote 16
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting