Down the rabbit hole! (part 1)

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took advantage of a gorgeous day (55*!) and went to my favorite permission. It was pretty slow until I got way back into the corner of the farm next to the pond. The farm is circa 1690's.

I got a strong signal that indicated something fairly large. I started digging, but was hampered by large roots and rocks. I finally got a glimpse of some rusted metal. I kept digging and digging. After some considerable effort, I cleared enough dirt to see what looked like an old muffler partially covered by a rubber tire tube. I'm thinking I must be in an old dump area. I finally unearth the muffler and tire tube, and I spot an old jar. I pull it out, and it's actually an old drinking glass. And then I see a small pill bottle. Deeper and deeper, there's more jars and rusted tops. One jar actually has a rusted nail stuck to it.

I'm now on my knees reaching into the hole, and feeling more glass. Some broken, some not. I finally stopped because I need thicker gloves, and more daylight. I have no idea what else might be down there, but man am I excited to find out!

Heading back tomorrow to continue the dig...

IMG_2283.JPG IMG_2279.JPG IMG_2282.JPG

Upvote 14

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post! No telling what may be there. Good luck [emoji256]

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old farm dumps can and will produce some great bottle finds,I know this for sure.But be real careful when digging them. watch out for old barbed wire and possible cave ins.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing...good luck! :icon_thumleft:

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see your finds too! I'm in love enough to already have a headlamp in my on-board gear box, just for times like this!!! Happy Digging!8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread