All Treasure Hunting

guardez

Apr 19, 2014
SEMO
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 Pro Pack ,Tesoro DeLeon, Outlaw, Compadre,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Indian Steve!!! You really wiped me out with your posts and history. Love it.:icon_thumleft: HH and good luck. Guardez

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stems were pieces of bamboo. Back in the good old days in Mogadore, we had a family bought an older house in town and found a coffin size box nailed shut in the basement. They called the police and local reporters. Everybody showed up, cop pried open the lid and it was filled with thousands of bamboo pipe stems!
I meant to say quill not quilt.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting those pictures Steve, and the information. Thanks for the post Verbious. I am able to accurately identify a pipe I found. I sure bet that was fun digging all those up!!! Great find!!!! Pipes are some of the best finds!!!

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for posting those pictures Steve, and the information. Thanks for the post Verbious. I am able to accurately identify a pipe I found. I sure bet that was fun digging all those up!!! Great find!!!! Pipes are some of the best finds!!!
It was a totally random find and I was surprised! The area is in the woods and it's too thick to hunt during the spring. All the winds and rain seems to have loosened things up. The pipe was literally almost on the surface. There are still bits of bottles and some pottery bits sticking out of the ground. I just wonder how long that thing has been laying there. I also appreciate Indian Steve's experiences and knowledge.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that I would be doing some digging and sifting... If I was a younger man.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread