Getting Quite The Llittle Arsenal Going!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ol' Sub switched up his usual routine and actually detected an older farmhouse permission that belongs to my friend. Out in the yard directly in front of the main door to the house, I hit a solid, repeatable 93-94 on the ATPro VDI at 4-6 inches. Pulled this beauty out of the wet soil. A 1950's-60's Hubley Trooper snubnose cap pistol. After cleaning it, I was happy to discover that it still functions! Not bad after 50-60 years in the dirt. This is my third intact (more or less) old cap pistol found in the past year. I guess I should go buy some caps and "pop" a few before these are outlawed too. :BangHead:

Thanks for looking, I will be going back many times to this site with my friend's blessing. Also pulled five wheat pennies (40's-50's) and a Missouri Tax Token too. Just barely scratched the surface...

Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

cap gun 1.jpg cap gun 2.jpg cap gun 3.jpg cap gun 4.jpg

Upvote 22

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looks like it would have been a lot of fun to find! Can't wait to see more!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found a very similar cap gun last summer, only it was busted up in pieces. yours looks pretty darn good. my 1st token was a MO tax

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a very similar cap gun last summer, only it was busted up in pieces. yours looks pretty darn good. my 1st token was a MO tax

I have found many pieces of broken up cap guns. Because of their size, they usually don't survive the wrath of the lawnmower. I have found tax tokens at nearly every permission site too, I think kids used them as play money...

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done Sub.

I have intact an Hubley six shooter, that still has a working trigger and hammer! They made good toys back in the old days!

Best of luck to you sir!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I HAD that model when I was a l'il whiplersnapper! 😱 Based on the S&W Mdl 10, I believe. Wonderful find, Sub! πŸ™Œ

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save, Sub...I've found maybe enough pieces to BUILD a cap gun, never found a complete one. You have some awesome friends...they own old houses and DON'T detect! Congrats..Ddf

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find, congratulations! Sure love the old toys! :occasion14:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Sub. Always like to see those cap guns. They take me ( and I'm sure a lot of others on the forum ) back to the time when kids were allowed to be kids ! We played outside all day, and weren't afraid of germs or drinking out of the hose !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread