Very old pewter button?? Any idea So??

Gareth1982

Apr 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1519504591.206684.jpg
Found in Nova Scotia at a farm site dating back to around 1750. I'm thinking British but am not sure. Can anyone help?

Upvote 10
OP
OP
G

Gareth1982

Apr 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also there is a crown on to and what appears to be "bp" on bottom.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, congratulations! :occasion14:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great RP button!!!! I’d be psyched with that find

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is absolutely a Revolutionary War Royal Provincial's button. These were worn by troops loyal to the British, but not a part of a regular British unit. They served in all the colonies and Canada. Most had to emigrate to Canada immediately at the end of the war, a lot came by sea to Nova Scotia, them migrated throughout Canada.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my great great great great grandpa's fought for the crown during the war, part of the New Jersey Volunteers (they spent the war around New York city causing lots of trouble), after the war they had to go "quick" and the crown put them on the boat "my dad has part of the shipping/passenger manifiest that shows ggrandpa on the ship headed to Nova Scotia. The Crown ended up giving him 99 acres.

OP
OP
G

Gareth1982

Apr 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool story p. Allen. I just love all the history here in Nova Scotia. I feel lucky to live here.

OP
OP
G

Gareth1982

Apr 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live about an hour or so away from oak island. I personally don't think oak island holds anything, I think it's a made up money maker. Just my opinion though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread