Epic Family Hunt.

VooDoo710

Jan 25, 2018
North East Ohio, Painesville
Detector(s) used
F44, F5, Bounty Hunter Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was the first epic day of many to come in the near future. Today we woke up and I asked my 9 year old daughter if she wanted to go hunting with me today and to my surprise I got a resounding YES ! So we both got bundled up and off we went to the local Park .
We both started on the same side of the park/playground, about 12 feet apart from one another. Mind you this is her first time with her Bounty Hunter Pro (I know it's old but works great! ) so I take time to show her the ropes and off she goes ! No more than 4 minutes she calls for me saying she is registering a hit. So I come with my F44 and verify her score, yup its a hit and she starts to dig a plug ( so proud she remembered ) and asked for my pin pointer and low and behold boom she finds a mini cross I will get pics asap. I found a Quarter and a Dime . Lots of bottle caps and foil.

We had 2 State Troopers stop by and talk to us and tell me how awesome it is to see a father and a daughter sharing a hobby that was not connected too a cell phone or the inter net! They asked what we found and she happily showed them. The Trooper said good luck and left. We continue to hunt. No luck at all. So we were packing up and here come the park workers telling me I needed a permit so on and so forth and how if the park ranger sees us how he will toss us out on our butts We pack up and started to leave. Now I was bummed that it had to end that way. But 2 minutes into warming up the truck in comes Mr. Park Ranger and asks me find anything good ? I say not really he proceeds to ask me what where they saying to you so I told him and he said. You and your daughter are welcomed here to hunt anytime no need for permit or any thing he gave new his personal cell number and told me anytime someone confronted me in the county I am in any park to cll him cause I have express permission to do father daughter hunts at any of the parks in his jurisdiction ! I left stoked and my daughter was super excited. Needless to say we are going back tomorrow ! LMAO. . .

WILL GET PICS OG THE STUFF REAL SOON !

Last edited:
Upvote 22
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story with a happy ending! :icon_thumleft:

I hunt with my daughter whenever I can, time well spent and having fun too!

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a great way to spend quality time together. My daughter is 27 and we will get out soon to do some detecting together.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super post - Congrats! :occasion14:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story! My younger daughter started coming out with me when she was 9, too...and she still comes out at 42...with a new ATP Dad got her for her last Bday. 😁

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great story. My daughter started detecting with me at age 8. At 32, she still finds time to periodically come out and enjoy some "daddy daughter" time with me. Whether we find anything or not, is not the issue. We create lasting memories forever. Sounds like your going to do the same.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent post. It's great to run into decent police and park ranger folks. Sounds like you two have plenty of hunting grounds to explore. Happy Hunting.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done!
You scored gold with your daughter and the park ranger!
Awesome!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome story. Santa brought my 7 year old son a metal detector for Christmas. The ground is thawed now but it has done nothing but rain every weekend..

OP
OP
VooDoo710

VooDoo710

Jan 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome story. Santa brought my 7 year old son a metal detector for Christmas. The ground is thawed now but it has done nothing but rain every weekend..

This hunt it rained but we had rain gear and layers on so we were golden !

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome hunt and write up. Makes me laugh that the individuals making the biggest deal about you metal detecting were the ones with the least amount of power.

OP
OP
VooDoo710

VooDoo710

Jan 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt and write up. Makes me laugh that the individuals making the biggest deal about you metal detecting were the ones with the least amount of power.

I have to agree with you. Its that same do saying give little people a little power and those little people get real bigood (HEADS) . LOL

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude, glad she wanted to go, Maybe you can set her up with the F5 next time, it's just a few clicks to shorten the shaft or are you afraid she will really out hunt you. Congrats on the father daughter hunt and on scoring the county wide park permission. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
VooDoo710

VooDoo710

Jan 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, glad she wanted to go, Maybe you can set her up with the F5 next time, it's just a few clicks to shorten the shaft or are you afraid she will really out hunt you. Congrats on the father daughter hunt and on scoring the county wide park permission. :thumbsup:

Who are you kidding she out hunts me now she digs everything that's goes beep ! I mean everything ! Thanks for the kudos I appreciate it for a couple years now I have looked for something for me and her to do who knew I was already doing what she would like already ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread