Iron toy truck and a leg hold trap

Old Finger

May 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys went out for a quick hunt today and found a old iron toy truck, not sure of the age or type of truck but it was cool to find one with the wheels still attached although it is a little bent and quite rusty. I also found my first leg hold trap, ive always though those were interesting so that was fun for modern piece of iron. Any info on the trap or truck would be appreciated as always.
8790.jpeg
8789.jpeg
8792.jpeg
8793.jpeg
8784.jpeg
8785.jpeg
8786.jpeg
8788.jpeg

Upvote 18

How Lucky

Jul 14, 2015
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may not think so but that car can be restored for display. Love to find one like it. Very cool!

OP
OP
O

Old Finger

May 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may not think so but that car can be restored for display. Love to find one like it. Very cool!

thanks a lot. I have found pieces before but nothing complete. Maybe this one is I'm not sure

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love the truck. single leaf spring on trap, usually for smaller animals. bigger animals pull out easier than double leaf springs

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The car is from the 1920's. Based on the wheels, I'd say it's probably either an Arcade or Kilgore brand. Also looks like a roadster to me rather than a truck

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That truck is awesome. BTW they sell at yard sales. I sold a cab to an old one I found underwater for 5.00.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a cool looking truck!

OP
OP
O

Old Finger

May 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The car is from the 1920's. Based on the wheels, I'd say it's probably either an Arcade or Kilgore brand. Also looks like a roadster to me rather than a truck

Thanks a lot for the info

Blkcloud

Apr 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've trapped for 40 years.. never seen a trap like that...

OP
OP
O

Old Finger

May 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've trapped for 40 years.. never seen a trap like that...
I'm in south shore mass it was found near a stream, they were banned here in 1975 and that's all the info I have on it. Ive never trapped but have always found it to be very interesting

Dirtblazer

Greenie
Feb 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats nice finds, love that trap. I too have been trapping many years and have never seen one like that.

OP
OP
O

Old Finger

May 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats nice finds, love that trap. I too have been trapping many years and have never seen one like that.

very inresting. I looked for a stamp and it looks like it has a name stamped on it but it is to hard to read do to rust, maybe 8 - 10 characters long on the top of the spring

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with some of the others. I did a lot of trapping back in the 60's and 70's. I've never seen a trap like that either, so it may pre-date the 1950's. Just a guess. I like that old iron truck to.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool truck, may clean up for presentation with some work. :occasion14:

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I trapped for decades and never saw a trap like that. I'm thinking it's a handmade trap. It has an unusual spring on it.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Finger, there is a trap history museum in Galloway Ohio. Send photos of your trap to them. They may be able to ID it. Years ago I dug up a trap while detecting and sent photos to the museum. They ID it as a homemade wolf trap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread