My first Chauffeur Badge...

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Messing around with a new big Cannon coil on my F70 hunting in a spot I have hit many times before I was looking for silver.
Didn't find anything unusually deep on this hunt or anything silver but this thing did pop up under nickel.
I thought it was a toy sheriff's badges at first but it seemed unusually thick and heavy.
I scrubbed and scrubbed the thing in the field and eventually started to see parts of the words license and chauffeur and that's when I smiled...a bucket lister because it is my first.

On this collector's site...KENTUCKY - Badge News... it seems this is an early one from this state because the kept the same shape from when they started handing these out up to about 1921 then in 1922 the shape changed and they started adding dates for that year and every year after.
Plus this is a Kentucky badge and I found it in Birmingham Ala. so someone "chauffeured" it all the way over here. :laughing7:

First great find of 2018...a nice start to the new season.

Attachments

• photostudio_1519853735587_PerfectlyClear0001.jpg
    photostudio_1519853735587_PerfectlyClear0001.jpg
    723 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 22

Eleven Cents

Nov 30, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My favorite find is a chauffeur's badge. I love that it could theoretically be traced to an individual.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. I love chauffeur badges. Found 4 of the NY ones from the late teens and twenties.

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello digger27. That is a one very nice find...chauffeur badges are hard to come by and yours has got a great look. Congrats.

Good Luck out there. C9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions