Massachusetts Pine Tree Shilling 1652

NEMeanderer

Mar 2, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Excal / Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out with friends last Wednesday, finding nothing, friends finding,,, me? not so much... Almost gave up. (We've all been there), decided to switch to manual sensitivity on my 3030, gave another try... Bingo! Perseverance paid off! 10-12 inches down, Dug my first 1600's coin...AND WHAT A COIN!!!!

NOE: 29 Rarity: R3 201-500 known to exist Phenomenal condition! WAAAHOOO!!!

IMG_3333.JPG IMG_3334.JPG IMG_3335.JPG IMG_3336.JPG

Upvote 115

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Aagghh. Sick sick sick. You were getting tired of colonial coppers large cents and bust coins, huh ? So to break the monotony, you have to go out and find a pine tree Schilling eh. ?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my! that's a good one!

DetectorMoe

Apr 4, 2013
SouthEast North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox800, ATpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap, That's is awesome, Congrats making it to 1600s club, maybe one day I'll get there me self.. Nice dig!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe - You and I are of the same mind.

Is that good or bad? Lol. I just bought a Deus. It lands today. I’m getting real serious this season my friend. Hope we can find time to hook up if this snow ever melts

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Holy Grail of Mass coins! I was lucky enough to get mine 10 years ago, almost to the day. It's an amazing find, and I couldn't be happier for you!

-- Jeff --

Rhode Hog

Jun 22, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Is that good or bad? Lol. I just bought a Deus. It lands today. I’m getting real serious this season my friend. Hope we can find time to hook up if this snow ever melts
A Pine tree coin found in Maine,is this the real reason Maine is called the Pinetree state? Could this coin have been lost by Miles Standish when he was up there trading small pox infected blankets to the Indians ? Or was he looking for the Sprit Pond Viking treasure ? I think we have enough for History channel series .Good luck with the Deus hope you put it over a NE Shilling,

Cantstopdigging

Sep 9, 2016
NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That is awesome!!! Congrats!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Pine tree coin found in Maine,is this the real reason Maine is called the Pinetree state? Could this coin have been lost by Miles Standish when he was up there trading small pox infected blankets to the Indians ? Or was he looking for the Sprit Pond Viking treasure ? I think we have enough for History channel series .Good luck with the Deus hope you put it over a NE Shilling,

Haha that’s the reason I call it the “Pine Tree State”. You’re brushed up on your Maine history I see....impressive. If it can’t be a NE Shilling (which you are more deserving of) I would gladly take something similar to the Castine Horde which I’m sure you’re familiar with. Hope this is an epic year for you buddy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well said! I haven’t stopped thinking about it since that day. Trying to get that feeling again

Not finding a tree coin eats away at me badly man. I couldn’t imagine how it feels after having found one, besides your stories. Lol

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It only beats my oldest find by over 200 years, yawwnnn. Really, this is no joking matter, because that is a banner find all day, regardless of what the rule book says. A big welcome and a big congrats!

MadTom

Dec 6, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Bandido umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked at this 5 times already. Voting banner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions