Change of plans and a token

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
MM and I went to what was supposed to be a "Civil War Hospital Camp". When we arrived, all we found was a makeshift junkyard in the woods.

The Slightly retarded property owner told us of an old foundation, which turned out to be made of modern cinder blocks. So after a good laugh, we left (quickly) and descended on a nearby town to detect a house Doug knew about. Then, feeling frisky, we located the owner of a nearby tear-down and got permission to detect that new place on the spot.

I also jumped out of the truck and knocked on the door of another house, but no one was home....Anyway...The tear-down place was excellent and although Doug found the quality coins, I managed to tease up all the goofy stuff. :D

All in all, a rewarding treasure adventure!
Warmmanni.jpg
Thanks, Doug! That was a blast!

Cheers!

Ridley

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Slightly retarded land owner?

I laughed for five minutes imagining him explaining to you two all about the foundation.

Great pic as always... nice pile of goodies.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Ridley--That token is in good shape.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Sounds like a fun day. At least there were no bees this time.
Congrats on your interesting finds!

Smiles!
BDoo

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ridley said:
The tear-down place was excellent and although Doug found the quality coins, I managed to tease up all the goofy stuff. :D
All in all, a rewarding treasure adventure!
Thanks, Doug! That was a blast!
Cheers!
Ridley

It was a great hunt yesterday. Although I beat you to the IH & silver, you still found some neat relics. That token is so cool, and any time you find a 1/2 dollar it's a good day.
You know I was going to bust on you how a Tesoro brand is better than a White's or Minelab, but I didn't want to start a major brawl here on your post. ;D Just kidding of course.
When I got to this cleared off site, I just concentrated on the outside border of where the front & rear porch areas were, and hit those areas first. Sure enough, that is where I found the IH, silver, and wheats.
I'll trade you my wheats for that Hotpoint token, and I'll throw in all of the other relics I found.
Deal? ;D
Looking forward to next Saturday's adventure. Hopefully it's not a jungle. :o
-MM-

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
Slightly retarded land owner?

I laughed for five minutes imagining him explaining to you two all about the foundation.

Great pic as always... nice pile of goodies.

Jim,
This place was not only a BIG disappointment, but a bit on the scary (think Deliverance) side. After going down a dirt road called "Critter Trail", we came to two locked gates and had to park there. We made our way down a dirt trail into the woods. Along the way there was a large oval shrine on the ground built out of river rock. Inside were miniature parrots, huts, palm trees (fake), and margarita glasses. I'm pretty sure it was honoring Jimmy Buffet. Very weird. When we got to our "Civil War" area, it looked like an abandoned commune. Huts/houses made out of scrap wood, a single wide trailer still full of furnishing but ripped wide open, a large cage, and many abandoned cars. I started to think we were lured there as this guys next victims. ;D If you have ever seen the movie "Wrong Turn", that is what was popping into my mind. I was thinking two things:(1) I wish I would have brought my rugged Lesche digging tool for protection instead of this long handled sissy digging tool, and (2) I hope like hell I can run faster than Ridley! ;D
Needless to say, we didn't stay long. Thank God my truck was still there when we got back to those gates. Next time, I'll let Ridley check out the spots while I stand watch in my truck. ;D
-MM-

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Way to go Ridley, That's showing them. I like that hot point token.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Ridley! I really like that Hotpoint appliance token. HH, Mike

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Looks like MM is the dirty dog this time. ;) ;D

Well, at least he gets to stay on TNET. :D

Always and adventure. Dan and I got some "hot tip" that proved to be a bust. But you have to follow those leads. You never know, it might turn out good.

Bob

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Still got some neat finds though, despite the deliverance type group. I would have been a little uncomfortable too, glad you weren't alone or you might not have made it back to the truck.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Ridley, is that a Okie wedding band in that picture? Sure do like that token!
Are you going back any time soon?
HH

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread