playgrounds have cool things

toye026

Greenie
Aug 10, 2007
Midland, Penn, Beaver county
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I went to a playground where I grew up and lets just say, it was an interesting day.
The playground is now where a school used to be. I thought it would be a good place to look.

When I washed off my coins this is what I found.

6 pennies
1 nickel
2 dimes
1 quarter
1 dollar coin from Australia
1 half cent from Sierra Leone
1 penny from Bahamas
1 pendant from boiler makers iron ship builders
1 chuckie cheese token
1 1912 5 cent coin.
20 + pop tabs and much more garbage.

I am not sure about any of these coins. This was my 4Th time mding.

I am figuring the coins that are not US are from when McDonald's gave them away a while back.

I will be going back in a few days to look again. [/img]

Attachments

• lastscan2.jpg
    lastscan2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 677
  • lastscan.jpg
    lastscan.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 663
Upvote 0

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GRATZ...I find only change and lots of trash at the school and the little play ground near my house...oh and really me little kids! haha! no really neat coins yet....

"TR"

OP
OP
toye026

toye026

Greenie
Aug 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250
thank you for sending me a reply. I really appreciate it. Not too many reply seeing that I am not one of the ones that have been here a while. I have found this site not too friendly when it comes to new comers. So again I thank you for your reply.

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy cow! really??? I have had a great response on this site..was really surprised myself. I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience, this has been a wonderfull place for me to come and ask all my new comer questions and pick peoples brains..hehe..I hope it gets better for you..
And man I'm jealous of all the awesome finds.....makes me want to move to a cleaner, warmer state! ;D

"TR"

pizzaman55792

Jun 16, 2006
Northern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter pioneer 202, ace 250
hey that loks like a great day to me is that a buffalo nickel and a silver quarter in there as well, and what are the dates on the dimes???
j

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Want to keep 1982 no mint mark Dime...forget the reason now.. have been looking up change all day.. well took a few hour break to hit the school yard..left with 54C and a bad attitude for having to deal with foul mouth kids.. ..he he...

"TR"

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Sounds like a great day, congrats on all the goodies!
Welcome to TNet by the way. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Smiles!
BDoo

bja3908

Aug 19, 2006
galveston tx
Hey Toye
Welcome to TN It's not that anyone is unfriendly it just takes time. And cool finds keep hunting I want to see more. We all do.
Bobby

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello, & Welcome to TNet...
Great group of coins there. Is the washington quarter a 1941? If so, it's silver and a very nice find. If your not aware of it, any "Quarters, Half's, Dollars, or Dimes" produced from 1964 and before are made from silver... Also, do you see any mint mark on the Liberty Head Nickel? The mint mark will be on the reverse below the button to the left of CENTS. According to PCGS's price guide an "S" mint mark for that year is worth $140 in Good condition... You can check for yourself at this site:
http://www.pcgs.com/prices/frame.chtml?type=date&filename=shield_liberty_nickel

toye026 said:
thank you for sending me a reply. I really appreciate it. Not too many reply seeing that I am not one of the ones that have been here a while. I have found this site not too friendly when it comes to new comers. So again I thank you for your reply.
I find this hard to believe. You must of just caught the forum at a bad time. I know most of the people on here are very friendly to all and always welcome the newcomers... ???

Anyway, Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

mtbiker

Aug 24, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & White's PI
Welcome!!!!!!!! Great finds!!! Keep 'em coming!!!! :)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
welcome nice finds there --esp for only your 4th time out -- seems you found a good spot --- silver quarter ---buff nickle ---barber or "v" nickle as some folks call it --- maybe silver dimes? ---nice haul --I 've been doing this quite awhile and would be very happy with a day like that---sorry if you had a bad "experance" before really as a group --most folks here are quite nice and helpful ---but theres always the 10% jerk factor (10% of the people in the world are jerks) in all things in life sadly --- just push them aside mentally ---and march on ---- Ivan

P

Pentico

Toye,
Keep post in the great finds.
We have only been here posting on TreasureNet for a few months and everyone has been so kind and helpful to us. We would be lost with out all the kind folks here that helped us get started in the hobby.
You found some cool stuff, keep posting.
ChrisP

OP
OP
toye026

toye026

Greenie
Aug 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250
The dimes and quarter seem to be silver. The barber does not have the S on it. To me all of these coins are worth more than the list price. It took time and dedication finding these. In a few months I won't be able to do any digging for a while. My wrist and knee cant take it. So for now the things I take the time to find are priceless.

Also I was wondering how would these non US coins get where I found them? Also can anyone give me any information on these. I have a high resolution photo if anyone is interested in helping me with those coins.

Happy Digging!

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
HOLY CRAP!!!.. YOU FOUND A CHUCKEE CHEESE TOKEN???? Do you have any idea how many years some of these folks search before they find one of those??? <laughing> I found one a few months ago too, thought it was an odd looking fifty cent piece at first, till I cleaned it off a little.. *sigh* Oh well.. it's still a cool find! I've found all kinds of tokens in the past 5+ months that I've been metal detecting. They're always cool to find, even if they're not worth anything. Good hunting!

Frodov

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Welcome to TNet. What date is on that Chuck E Cheese? Some of those are worth quite a bit. Great going onall the finds, especially the silver.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
nice finds there... :o :o :o :o :o :o i agree,, you just caught the forum at a bad time perhaps,, WELCOME !! hope to see lots more from ya..... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread